Subject: RE: [dita] Re: Errors in spec topic for lomTechRequirement element

I defer to John’s expertise on these points and reiterate his thanks for your assistance.

Have a great day,

Amber

From: dita@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:dita@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of john_hunt@us.ibm.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 7:28 AM
To: robander@us.ibm.com
Cc: dita

Hi Robert,

Lost track of how many thanks this time.

On this, I'm tempted to skip straight to your last point and suggest making this free-form text.

That said, the values still in use are as we have them - (pc-dos | ms-windows | macos | unix | multi-os | none | any | netscapecommunicator | ms-internetexplorer | opera | amaya ).

The IEEE LOM also provides a "type" of "operating system or browser", which appears to be what we were attempting to do with @name in this case.

My recommendation is that we keep consistent with ourselves and use @name = lomTechRequirement, keep the same value list, and explain the operating system or browser usage in the spec description.

John

John Hunt
Chair, OASIS DITA Learning and Training Sub-Committee

Senior Technical Content Architect
IBM Collaboration Solutions | User Experience: Design and Information Excellence