Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 4 March 2014 uploaded

Submitter's message
Action Items:
1. Eliot, complete implementation of 80% of 1.3 proposals in RNG
2. All TC members; start review of 1.3 proposals

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 4 March 2014
Recorded by N. Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas

regrets: Priestley, Magliery

Standing Business
=================
Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201402/msg00201.html (18 February, Nancy Harrison)
Proposed by Kris, seconded by Don, approved by TC

Subcommittee Reports
none - Help SC on March 11

Announcements
none

Business
========
1. DITA 1.3 progress
- First editorial pass completed: 29 of 37 completed (Eberlein)
no change
- Attributes rework (Anderson); Robert has completed all this work.
(TC gave Robert a round of approval for all this work)
- Implementation of XML mention domain (Thomas & Anderson)
Robert; Bob wrote a handy little script that fixed up all the relevant markup, I did some double checking for wierd markup and some regular cleanup; pretty good coverage now, though not everywhere
Kris: people should look for it in review, but we've done a lot of it
Bob; also, there are parameter entities in the spec, need to look out for those
- Review tool (see agenda item #2)
- RelaxNG-to-DTD and RelaxNG-to-XSD transformations (Kimber)
Eliot; transforms are almost done; a couple of nits, but generally running automatically when anyt6hing changes; I've started working on 1.3 RNG schemas, got through first 9 proposals, so moving along with those.
Kris; schedule had you finishing 1.3 work by Mar 1; what is your current target date;
Eliot; think I can get things done before next TC meeting (3/11).
Kris; so ideally Mar 11; is that realistic, or do you need to move it further out?
Eliot; realistically, it's further out
Kris: How about 80% by 3/11 and 100% by 3/18, otherwise 1.3 will get pushed out to 2015.
Eliot; I think that's doable.
- Style sheets (Thomas)
- First spec review: 2 - 16 March 2014
Info on downloading spec draft and review objectives
Tips on using DITAweb

2. Demo of DITAweb (Eberlein)
Kris gave a demo; she also discussed usernames and passwords and how to get them.
Robert also used the DITAWeb demo to illustrate the work done on attribute display in the spec.

3. Assignments for review #1 (Anderson)
Robert went over priorities for review; new proposal content, review of new attribute display, new RFC terminology.
He showed a spreadsheet with proposals / priorities, which need TC members to review; higher-priority items need more people reviewing them. Robert recommended that folks do the review by evaluating the spec w/o reference to the stage 3 proposal, then go back to the proposal to check it.
They will add the review spreadsheet to the TC site, and make it available for update by TC members who are interested in adding their names for review.

meeting closed at 12:00

-- Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 4 March 2014

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Nancy Harrison