Subject: Re: [dita] Need to Relax Rule for Generating Chunk Names

In addition, we need to clarify that when @chunk is set on the root map it
overrides any values set on subordinate @map elements but, by the same
token, if @chunk is not set on a higher map then the value set on a submap
governs. If @chunk is set on a map-referencing topicref that value takes
precedence over a value specified on the referenced map.

For example, if the root map is:

<map>
  <mapref href="map-01.ditamap"/>
  <mapref href="map-01.ditamap" chunk="to-content by-topic select-topic"/>
</map>

And map-01.ditamap is:

<map chunk="to-content by-document select-document">
 <topicref href="topic-01.dita"/>
</map>

Then the effective resolved map would be:

<map
 <topicref chunk="to-content by-document select-document"
   href="topic-01.dita"
 />
 <topicref chunk="to-content by-topic select-topic"
   href="topic-01.dita"
 />
</map>

—————