OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 15 April 2014 uploaded

Submitter's message
Minutes of DITA Technical Committee meeting
April 15, 2014

8:00-8:05 PT Roll call
Regrets: Nancy Harrison


Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
1) Minutes from 1 April 2014
- Seconded by: Robert Anderson and approved by committee.
2) Minutes from 8 April 2014
- Seconded by: Deb Bissantz and approved by committee.


1) DITA 1.3 progress
Transformation utilities (Kimber)
DITA 1.3 grammar files (Kimber)
Redesign of "Contains and Contains by" (Anderson; due 8 April, moved to 15 April)
- Move to 22 April
First spec review (Eberlein & Anderson)
Test plan (Anderson, Kimber, Nitchie, Helfinstine, Hudson; due 15 April)

2) New item: Potential issue with XSD generation
- Issue is that distributed XSDs for 1.2 cannot fully support DITA
constraints without modifying the OASIS-distributed XSDs.
Can't define a constraint in RNG and automatically convert it to XSD.
Specific cases is when you need to constrain sequence groups (e.g., strict task).
Eliot suggests hardcoding special cases.
- This is also a problem with 1.2 XSDs. You cannot define a constraint that
affects a sequence unless you modify the OASIS-supplied XSDs.
- For 1.2 XSDs, options are:
- Hand-code a solution
- Refactor utilities to create modules that will work
- In either case, need to decide what to say in specification
- Kris: need to send options to group for discussion in email
ACTION: Eliot and Eric to send email to group discussing options for
resolving the issue with XSD generation.

3) New item: DITA 1.3 test plan
- Question is how to test RNG version of the spec.
ACTION: Kris will set up a call of interested parties regarding the
DITA 1.3 test plan.

4) New item: Branch filtering elements
- Current design could be significantly simplified.
- Currently supply a prefix/suffix to key names when duplicating a branch.
- Better way would be to modify scope on a branch rather than rename keys.
- I.e., instead of supplying a prefix/suffix, create the new branch in a
new scope.
- Eliot expressed concern that the cost of this is some inconvenience in
some cases.
- Robert:
- Do we remove capability to rename keys? Any objections? None expressed.
- Do we leave capability to add prefix/suffix or reuse keyscope attribute?
No objections, but concern expressed as to whether this attribute
supplements or replaces the keyscope of the parent.
ACTION: Robert to provide revised branch filtering proposal by 22 April 2014

5) New item: Relax rules for generating chunk names
- Continued

6) New item: Amended stage 3 proposal for 13111: MathML and equation domain (Kimber)
- Continued

7) New item: Amended stage 3 proposal for 13111: MathML and equation domain (Kimber)
- Continued

8) New item: subjectScheme and normative language
- Continued

9) New item: Triage Trello board for "Spec clarifications and improvements"
- Continued

10) On-going item: Normative terminology
- Continued

11) On-going item: DITA 1.3 processes: Lessons learned
- Continued

Meeting adjourned on the hour.
-- Mr. Richard Hamilton
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 15 April 2014

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Richard Hamilton
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2014-04-15 10:22:30

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]