Subject: RNG-to-XSD Generation Status: 17 Aug 2014

The last big issue is generation of the correct XSD declarations for the
learning assessment document type shells that allow only learning1 or only
learning2 interactions.

I've worked out what the correct XSD structures are but now I have to
figure out how to generate them from the RNG. I will continue to work on
this in the coming days.

With the fix I made yesterday for the learning assessment constraints, all
my 1.2 and 1.3 DTD generation tests pass.

I have also learned more about the XSD redefine feature and my findings
have potential implications for the current way that that XSD constraints
are constructed (and their construction is specified in the DITA spec).
However, I have to confirm with Eric Sirois that this new way to
specifying constraints is appropriate for the DITA XSDs.

Cheers,

Eliot

—————
Eliot Kimber, Owner