Call on Wednesday, 27 August 2014 with Kris
Eberlein, JoAnn Hackos, Don Day, and Michael Priestley.
Goals of site
- Community site: Provide information about DITA
for both novices and experts
- Event listings
- Resources: Folks mentioned the following as
currently useful: Lightweight DITA info; Kris's slides and
handout for DITA 1.3 and short descriptions; Robert's
DITA-OT information; articles from individuals
- Strong TC presence
- Be able to ingest DITA content (Examples: Spec,
Adoption TC white papers)
- Ability for individuals to post content
(articles, resources, whatever). Content should be able to
be viewed by date submitted.
- Ability for admins to communicate with
registered users in some way: RSS feed? E-mail to registered
- Search and taxonomy
- Strong spam control: Ability to approve users
based on their first post? Current approach for dita-users
list (over 3K users) which works
- Site should be "skinable"
- Ease of use for administrators and participants
-- It needs to NOT be excruciatingly painful for people to
contribute or administrate -- Must suck less than Drupal or
- Ability to have multiple
- How to migrate content from existing site:
Export from Drupal and import via transforms?
Kristen James Eberlein
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)