DITA 1.3 specification documents
I have uploaded the draft DITA 1.3 spec to Kavi in the following
versions: CHM, XHTML, and PDF. You can get the ZIP at
Please be aware of the following points:
Objectives of the review
- Draft comments are enabled.
- The cover page and footer information has NOT been updated.
- DITA 1.2 errata and DITA 1.3 changes are flagged in the CHM
and XHMTL in brown text; the PDF has black bars in the margins
- The PDF contains an index, but it is unlikely that we will
ship one for DITA 1.3.
Here are goals for this review:
- Review the rework of the material in the "Indirect
key-based addressing section." Is there related material in
other topics that must be aligned?
- Review the material in the "Branch filtering" section.
- Review the material in the "Subject scheme maps and
their usage" section. (For extra credit, think about how the
subject scheme and classification material in the Language
Reference should be reworked.)
- Consider draft comments. Can we address the points that
are raised in the comments?
- Specific reviewers (see the assignments in https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/1.3-spec-review-#preview)
to consider the items in the Trello board for "Spec
clarifications and improvements," and suggest concrete ways to
resolve the items.
- Suggest short descriptions for topics that lack them.
- All proposal owners who did not complete their reviews
during the first review must do so now.
If you have limited time, please focus on the "Processing"
section. Avoid the "Constraints" section as we know that needs
in-depth work from a small team (although we will ask specific
reviewers to look at this section).
And of course, keep your eyes out for places where we need to use
normative terminology or make the wording about XML grammar files
We are again using Mekon's DITAweb application. (Thank you, Mekon,
for hosting the application and doing development work to build
the Revisions widget. We really, really, appreciate it!)
Everyone's user ID is their first initial followed by their family
name, for example, keberlein. If you used DITAweb for the first
review, your password is the same. If you do not have a DITAweb
account, contact me and I will arrange one.
Kristen James Eberlein
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting LLC
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)