Subject: More information about statements of use

FYI

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: Statements of use (Was "Re: How to cite XNAL standard as a non-normative reference in the DITA spec")
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:28:23 -0400
From: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
To: Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>

At least one of the three SoUs must come from an OASIS member. You can accept SoUs from non-OASIS members.

The definition of OASIS member is: "a person, organization or entity who is a voting or non-voting member of the corporation, as defined by the OASIS Bylaws." (In the bylaws, if you look, the description is down in Article 12.) So by my reading, an individual member can submit a Statement of Use.

The minimal format for a SoU is:

The provider can give more information, but that is the minimal statement. Also, for non-member submissions, the TC can require more supporting information such as links to files, demonstration transcripts, etc.

For OASIS members, the SoU should go to the main TC mailing list. For an Organizational Member, the primary rep must endorse the SoU. If the primary is not a member of the TC, then she/he can just send their statement to whoever is a TC member to forward on.

For non-OASIS members, the SoU must go to the comment mailing list.

The TC must approve a resolution to accept the SoUs.

I think that about covers it.

/chet