OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 04 November 2014 uploaded

Submitter's message
Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 4 November 2014
Recorded by Dick Hamilton

DITA TC Wiki: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/FrontPage

8:00-8:05 PT Roll call

Regrets: Tom Magliery, Nancy Harrison

Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
- Oct 28, 2014: proposed by Kris, seconded by Stan Doherty, no objections

Report from OASIS DITA Help Subcommittee by Stan Doherty

Main activities:
1) Developing white papers, including a white paper on
DITA 1.3 help from Scott Hudson
2) Slides being developed on DITA fundamentals and
how to author help with DITA
3) Looking to the future:
- Trying to move away from tri-pane help
- Inviting people to meet with subcommittee to discuss futures,
including Eliot Kimber and Don Day

- The next two TC meetings have been cancelled, November 11th and 18th.
- The next TC meeting will be held on Tuesday November 25th.

1) All open items from last meeting have been closed

2) Report back on a call about future of semiconductor subcommittee
- Consensus there was not critical mass to continue the subcommittee
- Want to make work already completed available publicly through GitHub.
- Need to confirm with Chet Ensign that there is no problem making existing work available.

3) DITA 1.3 Review 2:

Update from Kris and Robert:
- Went through comments from review and are still working on them
- Still have to do the toughest sections.
- About 95% of requested changes have been accepted.
- Adding a proposed disposition on every comment to identify which items need to come back to the TC.
- Every rejected comment has an explanation
- If an item is marked as "new" it hasn't been reviewed yet. Otherwise the status should be identified as being:
Done: accepted
Deferred: deferred to later release
Referred: referred to TC

- Comment: Change the following wording:
"Conditional processing code should provide a report of any attribute values encountered in content that do not have an explicit action associated with them."
This leads to what some call excessive warnings that are not helpful.
- Question to group: should we remove this statement entirely, remove the word "explicit," or do something else?
- RESOLVED: remove the word "explicit."

5) Learning2domain:
- Comment: needs to be better written
- Response: needs to go to Learning and Training SC or TC
- ACTION: John Hunt will bring to the Learning and Training SC

6) Update on XML grammar files from Eliot:

Everything functional has been completed. Modular comments are still being edited. Robert and
Kris are reviewing.

Still working on XSDs. Generating XSDs that work and also conform to rules for DITA XSDs may be impossible. Eliot will hard-code exceptions.

Kris: DITA 1.2 had some incorrect file names for the XSD schema. DITA 1.3 has correct names.
Eliot will add redirection from incorrect names to correct names.

7) Statements of use for DITA 1.3:

Kris: described requirements and asked for members who can provide a statement.

Eliot and Seth can do this. They will both look at the requirements for making the statement.
Kris may also be able to do so for some pieces of the specification.

8) Discuss key related comments:

Comment from David Helfinstine: "What is the difference between scope="local" and processing-role="resource-only" and scope="peer" and processing-role="resource-only". Redefining "peer" to now say you may open this at build time because the content "may" be available at build time seems confusing.."

Root question is, if scope="peer" and a map is available, must a processor handle it?


9:00 PT Close
-- Mr. Richard Hamilton
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 04 November 2014

Meeting minutes for the November 4, 2014, meeting of the DITA Technical
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Richard Hamilton
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2014-11-04 15:22:25

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]