Subject: Review comment for TC discussion: navref

Eliot noticed that the specification draft did not list @keyref as a valid attribute for <navref>:
http://ditaweb.com/oasis-dita/#/00074601-DA$00073994-DB$%3Cnavref%3E

That actually matches the DITA 1.2 specification - although the DTDs we shipped did include it. I was so certain @keyref was not available on <navref> that I didn't note the disconnect when changing the 1.2 level attribute table into the 1.3 version.

So, the questions for the TC:
1. Should @keyref be legal here? Technically the specification wins so in 1.2 it was (technically) invalid. But in most situations like this, when the DTD had an attribute but spec did not, we've resolved the disconnect by making the attribute legal.

2. In nearly all other cases with @keyref, if the key is undefined, @href is a fallback. In this case, <navref> does not use @href (it uses @mapref). If we do add @keyref to <navref>, should @mapref be used as the fallback when a key is undefined?

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit (http://dita-ot.sourceforge.net/)