Subject: Re: [dita] Review #2 comment: Rules for key definition precedence

The word "associated" is a challenge here, because a given key scope is
associated (related to) multiple key spaces, namely any ancestor key
spaces it is within and any descendant key spaces within it, but it
defines exactly one key space reflecting exactly that scope.

Thus, the phrase "the key scope associated the parent key scope" is
ambiguous (because there may be multiple key spaces associated with a
given scope).

The phrase "the key space defined by the parent key scope" would be more
accurate, but that seems a longer way of saying "the parent scope's key
space".

That is, for each key scope defined in a map there is exactly one key
space defined by that scope. Therefore it's meaningful and correct to say
"the key scope's key space", meaning the "the key space defined by the key
scope".

—————
Eliot Kimber, Owner
Contrext, LLC