Subject: Re: [dita] Review #2 comment for TC consideration: Subject scheme

My assumption was that all subject scheme maps follow your scenario #2 -
as a configuration file for enumeration values. I'm unfamiliar with
subject scheme maps contributing directly to the structure of a
publication. If that's an actual usage scenario that's used by real
people, then you're right, we must treat keys in subject schemes the same
as other keys.

My assumption had been that keys in subject schemes name texonomies and
enumerated values, but don't provide indirect linking capabilities for
content. That is, I'd assumed that they were two completely different
things that just happened to use the same markup. If that's not the case,
I retract my statement about wanting them treated differently.

Chris

Chris Nitchie
(734) 330-2978
chris.nitchie@oberontech.com