OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 16 December 2014 uploaded

Submitter's message
Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 16 December 2014
Recorded by Dick Hamilton

DITA TC Wiki: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/FrontPage

8:00-8:05 PT Roll call

Regrets: JoAnn Hackos, Nancy Harrison, David Helfinstine

Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
- Continued to next meeting

- Next two TC meetings (Dec 23 and Dec 30) are canceled
- The next TC meeting will be held on Tuesday January 6th

1) Action items
- L&T subcommittee: changes to archSpec: Complete
- Kris: Follow-up meeting on dita.xml.org. Item moved to Don Day
ACTION: Don: Set up Meeting to follow-up on dita.xml.org RFPs
- Eliot: Move RNG-to-DTD-XSD to GitHub: Continued
- Bob: Review minutes and comments for discussions about strong
and weak constraints: Completed review.
ACTION: Bob: Will look at what needs to happen in spec for
strong and weak constraints.
- Tom: Trello cards for review #2 comments: Continued

2) DITA TC meetings on 23 and 30 December 2014
RESOLUTION: cancel both meetings (see announcements)

3) Meeting re dita.xml.org site
continue to next year

4) Meeting with Jean-Jacques Thomasson
Have two volunteers for translating at the meeting
Will wait until next year to hold the meeting

5) Spec review progress (Kris and Robert)
Have been through entire spec and will be checking in resolutions
over the next few days. Have sent notes to list when there are

6) RFC-2119 terminology
- Need a careful read through of spec to make sure we are following
the RFC-2119 guidelines.
- Need a consistent policy for what is in notes and for making
sure all content in notes is non-normative.
- Need to be sure we are not overusing RFC-2119 keywords.
- This is a new guideline from OASIS that we need to comply with.
ACTION: All members: read the RFC-2119 section of the OASIS
guidelines and Appendix A, which quotes the RFC itself:

7) Review #2 comments
- Linking between maps: have resolution; need wording in spec.
ACTION: Eliot: will draft wording and share with Chris Nitchie,
then the two will share results with editors.
- Handling xrefs and conrefs within a conref: Closed.
- Branch filtering / branch flagging: Flagging never mentioned in
branch filter topics before. Question is whether branch filtering
should also support branch flagging.
RESOLUTION: Allow, but do not require, branch flagging. That is,
processors MAY support flagging for conditions specified with
, but are not required to.

Other items continued to next meeting

9:00 PT Close
-- Mr. Richard Hamilton
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 16 December 2014

Minutes from the December 16, 2014, meeting of the DITA Technical Committee
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Richard Hamilton
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2014-12-16 09:20:19

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]