Download the drafts of the targeted review. You can access them (and
the schedule) from the Frontpage Wiki at
Here are some tips about using DITAweb. Please note that the
interface is built of window widgets that you can show or hide; you
also can float them to where you want them. If you don't see a
widget or have closed it and need it back, click Widget Manager.
- Go to ditaweb.com/oasis-dita .
- In the upper-right corner, click Sign In.
- Type your user name and password, and then click OK.
Your username is your first initial of your given name followed
by your family name (all lower case), for example, jhackos. Your
password is the same as before. If you do not have a DITAweb
account, contact me, and I will create an account and send your
- In the Publications widget, expand the Targeted
- Click the publication.
The publication opens in the Content widget.
Changing your password
- In the upper-right corner of the Web browser window, click Profile.
- In the Profile window, make your changes, and then click Close.
Navigating around the publication
You can navigate the publication in several ways:
- In the Contents widget, the TOC is displayed. When you
click on a topic, it opens in the middle pane.
- In the Content widget, there are left and right arrow
icons that enable you to move back and forward.
- In the Revisions widget, you can see a list of topics
that contain a specific revision value.
- In the Search widget, you can see results of a search
on a phrase or term.
Locating content associated with a DITA 1.3 proposal
- In the Revisions widget, expand the revisions node.
You'll see nodes that represent each value for @rev that is
defined in the subject scheme map.
- If you expand a node, you'll see a list of the topics that
contain that value for the @rev attribute.
- Select a topic, and it is displayed in the center pane.
All DITA 1.3 revisions are highlighted in brown text (per
settings in the DITAVAL file); additionally, revisions
associated with the value that you selected from the Revisions
widget are displayed with a tan background color. Note that
completely new topics are not highlighted with either the brown
text and the tan background color that DITAweb dynamically
Commenting on a topic
There are two type of comments that you'll want to make: Comment
and Change. Ignore Note.
- Click Enable Annotating, and navigate to the topic on
which you want to comment.
- Click either Comment or Change.
- Select a block of text in the topic.
A window is displayed. If you clicked Comment, it is
blank; if you clicked Change, it is populated with the
text that you selected.
- Type your comment (or edit the displayed text), and then click
the Floppy disk icon.
Viewing comments on a topic
You can view the comments both in the Content widget and in the
If you have hidden the annotations, you can open a single one by
clicking on the Comment icon.
- If you are viewing a topic and have the Annotations widget
open, all the comments present in the topic are displayed in the
- You can view the comments in the Content widget. You can
toggle how the comments are displayed -- whether all comments
are displayed inline or whether they are just indicated by a
small icon -- by clicking Show All Annotations or Hide
Show All Annotations view:
Hide All Annotations view: Comment icon highlighted with
Kristen James Eberlein
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)