Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 13 Januarty 2015 uploaded

Submitter's message
ActionItems:
1. Robert; send out examples of "Branch filtering: DITAVALref as child of map", along with proposals
2. Kris will post a new version of 'Constraint rules' topic to TC for agreement. ('We don't want to come up with rules that can't be translated into clear coding requirements'.)

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 13 January 2015
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas

Regrets: Scott Hudson,

[short meeting - didn't start till ~11:20 because of infrastructure issues]

Standing Business
=================
Approve minutes from previous business meetings:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201501/msg00024.html (6 January, Nancy Harrison)
Proposed by Kris, seconded by Tom, approved by TC

Subcommittee Reports
none scheduled till Feb. (except possibly Michael on Lightweight DITA:

Announcements
We have a new liaison to Tech Comm SC (replacing Deb Bissantz); Bob Thomas has volunteered to do this.

Business
========
1. Action items
Action items from 2 December 2014:
Eliot: Move RNG-to-DTD-XSD generator code to GitHub (on hold)
Action items from 9 December 2013
Tom: Trello cards for review #2 comments (completed)
Action items from 16 December 2014:
Don: Schedule meeting to talk about dita.xml.org (not yet)
Bob: Review spec draft and make recommendations about language re weak and strong constraints (completed)
Eliot: Send e-mail to the list about resolution to "Unresolvable key maps" (completed)
Action items from 6 January 2015:
Kris: Schedule meeting with Jean-Jacques Thomasson
- Kris asked again for volunteer - Nancy responded
Robert: Remove mentions of XML Data type from LangRef topics
- has started work, but not complete
Robert & Eliot: Discuss resolution of "Branch filtering: DITAVALref as child of map" (will discuss later)
Kris: Send reminder to list about DITAweb (completed)
ActionItems:
- Robert; send out examples of "Branch filtering: DITAVALref as child of map", along with proposals

2. Targeted reviews progress: January - February 2015
Link to DITAweb: https://ditaweb.com/oasis-dita|DITAweb
Progress on conref: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201501/msg00026.html
Progress on constraints: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201501/msg00034.html
Kris; good response on both conref and constraints, but issue with constraints has come up (see below)

3. Constraint review question
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201501/msg00035.html (Eberlein, 13 January 2015)
Kris gave overview; issue is that there are 2 possible interpretations of current constraint content:
1. A constraint module can restrict only a single element.
2. A constraint module can restrict only a group of elements that are defined in the same .mod file.
The TC members who have experience with constraints are split in their thinking on this. Most of them feel that #2 would be preferable, but half also feel that the 1.2 spec didn't allow for it. Long discussion on why different members read the 1.2 and 1.3 text as they did - in the 'Constraint rules' topic, bullet items #4 & #7 were called out for particular difficulty. General consensus was that enabling #2, since it's looser than #1, would not harm backwards compatibility, but also that we need to clarify the rules and coding requirements to make things much more clear. Major participants in discussion were Kris, Robert, Eliot, Chris, Bob, Nancy.
Kris; we'll close down current review of constraints, in order to deal with issues.
ActionItem; Kris will post a new version of 'Constraint rules' topic to TC for agreement. 'We don't want to come up with rules that can't be translated into clear coding requirements'.

meeting closed at 12:01

-- Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 13 Januarty 2015

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Nancy Harrison