Subject: Problems with the "figure" under <val> in the Language Specification

While participating the conditional processing targeted review, I went to the <val> element in the language specification (3.9.1 when the current spec in SVN is produced) for guidance on using groups in DITAVAL. The last bullet point under Figure 83: DITAVAL with conditions for groups reads:

"newDB" is excluded when found in the database group. The entire "database" group on this paragraph
evaluates to "exclude", so the element is excluded, regardless of how the "appserver" group evaluates.

I dispute the statement that I highlighted. It seems clear to me that if appserver(mySERVER) evaluates to "include", then the element would be included regardless of how the database() group evaluates. My understanding is that Boolean OR behavior is in effect with respect to "include" when determining the net value of an individual profiling attribute, and that Boolean AND behavior for "include" only occurs when comparing the net values on a collection of profiling attributes that have been assigned within the same element.

Best Regards,
--
Bob Thomas
+1 720 201 8260