OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 10 February 2015 uploaded

Submitter's message
Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 10 February 2015
Recorded by Dick Hamilton with Don Day

DITA TC Wiki: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/FrontPage

8:00-8:05 PT Roll call

- Quorum reached.

NOTE: Oasis web sites were down for most of the meeting.

Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
- Continued to next meeting


1) Dates for two meetings (S1000D and dita.xml.org)
- S1000D discussion deferred to next week
- Don Day reported on an expected meeting next week for dita.xml.org

2) Branch filtering
What if DITAVAL is child of root map?
- Resolved, accepted Robert's solution
- Robert will add wording to spec, and put it out for targeted review.

3) Subject Scheme and Key references (Chris Nitchie comment)
- Resolution of key references for subject schemes has many
examples in 1.2, but explanation for some behaviors needed
in non-normative content.
- In subject schemes, do keys have a different function, or are
the differences only in the semantics of the relationship
between connected items? Generally agreed that the latter
is the case. Question is how to handle this topic in the spec.
- Consensus that we need new normative language in the spec.
- ACTION: Robert will create this new language with input from
Chris, Kris, and Eliot

4) Comments in schemas and DTDs
- Robert: asked about normative language concerning comments
in schema and DTD files. There are places where we say you
SHOULD provide certain comments in these files. Need to
change this SHOULD in some way, since changing even a single
character would "break" this recommendation. Robert suggests
that we remove normative language, and instead, say that we
use them and recommend them, but they are in no way normative.
- Consensus that we need to make these changes.
- ACTION: Robert to make these changes to the spec.

5) Status on targeted reviews:
- Expect one on branch filtering will be opened later today.

Other items continued to next meeting

8:50 PT Close

-- Mr. Richard Hamilton
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 10 February 2015

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Richard Hamilton
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2015-02-10 09:15:23

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]