OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 24 March 2015 uploaded

Submitter's message
Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 24 March 2015
Recorded by Dick Hamilton

DITA TC Wiki: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/FrontPage

8:00-8:05 PT Roll call

- Quorum reached.

Regrets: JoAnn Hackos, Don Day, Nancy Harrison, Robert Anderson, Michael Priestley

Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
- Seconded and approved.

- Birth of Elizabeth Anderson on 13 March 2015
- Carlos Evia blog post about using the DITA 1.3 troubleshooting topic
With a few caveats (e.g., the tag name seemed to imply a "quick fix"
rather than a solution), Carlos found the topic to be useful, and the students
had a smooth transition to topic-based writing.


1) Action Items
Action items from 2 December 2014:
Eliot: Move RNG-to-DTD-XSD generator code to GitHub (on hold)
- Will create a temporary repository on GitHub while waiting for
OASIS to get their site ready.
- Action item no longer on hold

Action items from 13 January 2015
Nancy: Schedule meeting with Jean-Jacques Thomasson
- Waiting to hear back from Jean-Jacques for a March 30 call

Action items from 10 February 2015
Robert: Draft new normative languages about keys and subjectScheme
- Continued.

Action items from 17 February 2015
Robert: Rewrite key definition precedence text (with input from Kris and Chris) and accommodate Eliot's concern
- Continued

Action items from 3 March 2015
Don: Follow-up on dita.xml.org call
- Continued

Action items from 10 March 2015
Kris & Robert: Meet to handle review comments on branch filtering
- Have met and assigned dispositions for all comments.
All TC members: Review linking material and comment in DITA web
- No comments currently on DITA web. Some members have read materials.
See action item below.

2) Targeted reviews progress:

ACTION: TC members to review linking material and comment on DITA web by Friday.
Link: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=55230&wg_abbrev=dita

3) MathML entities issue in DITA 1.3
Eliot: Request to include MathML entities from Tarun Garg. Currently the MathML DTD fileset
excludes these entities. The reason they are excluded is that if included, they become effective
throughout a document, not just in MathML. Early betas revealed that to be a problem. Recommendation
is to store MathML documents independent of DITA markup and reference them with the
element. Also, it would be inconsistent with DITA standard to include these entities.
Resolution: No change to spec.

4) The whatever-we-call-it factor
Bob Thomas recommended addressing linking in a central place to provide context
for the normative parts of the spec. Bob suggested the term "DITA information network,"
and created a suggested definition as a starting point for discussion. General agreement
that this is useful, but leads into the next item, what is the purpose of the spec?

5) Purpose of the spec
Kris: Need to draw a strict distinction between what should be in the
spec and what should be elsewhere (e.g., tutorials, etc.).
Possibly include information in Preface. E.g., Five things you
should know about DITA.
General agreement that some non-normative information would
be useful, recognizing that the spec is large and complex already.
Need to continue discussion.

6) Linking DITAweb review (discussed above. See action item above)

7) Navigation tree terminology conundrum
- Closed by consensus

Other items continued to next meeting

9:00 PT Close

-- Mr. Richard Hamilton
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 24 March 2015

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Richard Hamilton
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2015-03-24 10:23:59

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]