Subject: Re: [dita] Purpose of files in the scott-example-sandbox directory

Hi Scott,

I'm still not sure what these files are for now? They are not part of the DITA 1.3 creation, review, or delivery, so I think SVN is probably not the right place for them. I'm nervous about them causing confusion when others start looking for official material, as we had with some of the extra files in the doctypes\ directory a few weeks back.

Also, as a related note, I think the bad examples from 1.2 have been corrected. They were never tested for XML (or DITA) validity during the 1.2 process, which is something we corrected for 1.3, resulting in tweaks to quite a few of the code examples.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit (http://www.dita-ot.org/)

Inactive hide details for "Hudson, Scott" ---03/31/2015 10:44:17---Kris, et al, These files take all of the examples from the D"Hudson, Scott" ---03/31/2015 10:44:17---Kris, et al, These files take all of the examples from the DITA 1.2 Specification (http://docs.oasis

From: "Hudson, Scott" <scott.hudson@comtech-serv.com>
To: Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>, "dita@lists.oasis-open.org" <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 03/31/2015 10:44
Sent by: <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

Kris, et al,

These files take all of the examples from the DITA 1.2 Specification (
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/spec/DITA1.2-spec.html) and makes them valid XML samples.

These were originally intended for use in testing the generated DTDs (from RNG). Eliot didn’t want individual element tests, but rather larger, complete examples, so he has used different test documents.

These files can also be used for inclusion by reference as the examples. I still noticed quite a few “bad” xml examples in the specification, so this attempts to fix those issues.

Still to do:
1. Learning and Training
2. New DITA 1.3 elements

Thanks and best regards,