Subject: Re: [dita] Grammar Updates

A bit more background: the 1.2 versions of the RNG grammars exist
primarily to serve as a baseline from which the 1.3 versions of the
grammars are produced. They should be complete and correct against the 1.2
spec and the DTDs generated from them should be complete and correct.
However, the generated 1.2 DTDs are not an exact character-for-character
match to the DTDs originally produced by the TC for DITA 1.2 (but they are
very close).

The 1.2 RNG grammars do make it possible to create and manage DITA 1.2
shells and specialization modules in RNG, taking advantage of the same DTD
and XSD generation infrastructure the TC has used for the 1.3 grammars.

—————
Eliot Kimber, Owner
Contrext, LLC
http://contrext.com