OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 28 April 2015 uploaded

Submitter's message
1. Robert will clarify with OASIS exactly what has to be in each file wrt OASIS copyright info.
2. Nancy and Tom will work on how we frame the DITA 1.3 packages, what artifacts will go in each, and what will go on the OASIS cover page and individual package landing pages.
3. Eliot will remove @keyscope from the DITA grammar files for reltable-related elements.
4. Robert will update the spec to reflect the removal of @keyscope from reltable-related elements.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 28 April 2015
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:

Regrets: JoAnn Hackos, Stan Doherty

Standing Business
Approve minutes from previous business meetings:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00066.html (7 April 2015, Nancy Harrison) -
- On hold pending proposed comments

Subcommittee Reports

- Augmented reality TC
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00152.html (Carol Geyer, 24 April 2015)
- New members: Rob De Voto, Individual member

1. Action items
- Action items from 10 February 2015
Robert: Draft new normative languages about keys and subjectScheme (Completed)
- Action items from 17 February 2015
Robert: Rewrite key definition precedence text (with input from Kris and Chris) and accommodate Eliot's concern
Robert; that's completed (and double-checked)
- Action items from 7 April 2015
Eliot: Implement fix for info-types in troubleshooting topic
- Eliot; still nnt yet done; will definitely get them done this week
- Action items from 14 April 2015
Eliot: Add troubleshooting to ditabase document-type shell
- Eliot; ditto to above
Kris: Talk to Mark Myers about peer maps and new learning maps
- Kris; not done yet
Robert: Definitions for "peer map" and "submap" (Completed)
Chris: Topic about linking and @format and @scope
- Chris; not yet

2. Report from CMS/DITA NA 2015
- Kris; many of us were there, any thoughts?
- Eliot; thought it was good conf, well attended, good tech content, good questions, lots of questions on1.3
- Michael; attendance was ~350, which was about the same as last year. And about 1/3 were new attendees, which is very good, A lot of good case studies presentations, lots of interest in Lightweight DITA (LD).
- Kris; a lot more new people than i've seen before.
- Scott; I also got good feedback from folks; they liked the technical level of presentations, with business cases to convince their mgmt.
- Chris; the technical solutions track was great; good content, and people were really following it.
- Don; anything at the conference relative to dita.xml.org?
- Kris; Michael and I saw some demos from SuiteSolutions and Mekon's proposals.

3. Report on status of working draft
- Style sheets (Thomas)
- Transformations (Thomas)
Bob; I spent time trying to match our output to OASIS samples; for the most part, it does, but there are a couple of places where their output is an artifact of old MSWord issues; there are some changes needed for the footers, but it's generally going well.
Kris; we have 3 different required HTML-derived outputs; I've uploaded a zip file for what i got building these formats
1. the spec on oasis web site
2. a Zip file set up to be locally installable
3. a .chm help file
- Content (Anderson and Eberlein)
Robert; Kris and I have spent lots of phone time reviewing spec; when you're making comments, it's better to look in the .chm or PDF, even though you have to subit yout comments through DITAWeb; the DITAWeb version doesn't show everything correctly, but the .chm and PDF do.
Robert; we've incorporated all comments except for linking, which is still under discussion; (?) Currently haven't gotten much comment on keys; currently 15 of 25 pgs of the keys material are examples. lots of examplw; Kris has loaded it in DITAWeb for targeted review.
Kris; questions?
- XML grammars (Kimber) [no change]
- Related e-mails:
o Build results uploaded
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00180.html (Eberlein, 28 April 2015)
o Need feedback about file names and footer info for CHM and HTML versions of the DITA spec
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00173.html (Eberlein, 28 April 2015)
o Work required to get a working draft of the spec out
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00088.html (Eberlein, 14 April 215)

4. Targeted reviews progress: January - May 2015
Schedule for targeted reviews:
- Progress on branch filtering: Comments assigned dispositions; editing in progress
- Processing etc.: All voting members are asked to participate
April 28-May 5: Keys (25 pages, including 15 pages of examples)
Robert; there's a new topic on key scopes from chris; people had thought key scope info was buried; topic deals with key scopes and precedence; one goal with these micro review is to get wider review from TC than we got in previous releases.
Kris; it's really important that the entire spec is understandable for every active TC member; if we can't understand parts of it, how can we expect anyone else to?
Kris; another big change; x-deliv addressing has moved from the linking section to a section on key-related indirect addressing.
TBD: Direct addressing
- Configuration, specialization, and constraints: Volunteers requested
TBD the: Configuration and specialization
Kris; we have an issue with needing an OASIS copyright at beginning of each .dtd, .xsd, .rng/.rnc doc shell file, so every time we have a new draft, the number has to be incremented. bInitially, chet wanted this in every file; we pushed back to have it only on the shells. Robert, can you take action item to clarify exactly what ahas to be in this?
ActionItem; Robert will clarify with OASIS exactly what has to be in each file wrt OASIS copyright info.

5. Continued item: Question about keyref with format="ditamap"
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00076.html (Anderson, 13 April 2015)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00077.html (Kimber, 13 April 2015)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00083.html (Helfinstine, 14 April 2015)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00084.html (Nitchie, 14 April 2015)
Kris; Eliot, you were going to look at this and decide whether you could accept our suggestion and remove the phrase
Eliot; haven't had a chance; i originay put it there for design elegance, but clearly that's not how peope use it. so i'm willing to take Robert's suggestion.
Kris; Robert, does that cover this item?
Robert; yes, the text is currently in a dreaft-comment; I'll remove it.

6. New item: Suggestions for full package name
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00090.html (Magliery, 14 April 2015)
Kris; like 'kithensink',
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00094.html (Eberlein, 14 April 2015)
Kris; current suggestions;
comprehensive, omnibus, all-inclusive
Scott; like omnibus,
Nancy; like comprehensive (omnibus is not common for non-native speakers of english or Latin languages)
Chris; like comprehensive
Michael; comprehensive implies to me that nothing else is complete.
Kris; the original plan was to have 'base', 'techcontent', and 'big'
Chris; I wonder if it would be less confusing if we did just 'base' and 'everything' and leave it at that?
Kris; bear in mind that at 1.2 we scrapped having different packages for this reason. we may have to revisit packaging based on email I've seen from Paul Knight @OASIS. Paul has been pushing that the idea thatt the 'big' package is the basic package and that nothing else is a real package.
Michael; we should push back; we need to optimize the spec for its usage, not just its review process, so we shoud push back.
Robert; the reason we've been tryng to come up with a name that's not L&T is that OASIS wants this to be the basic package.
Kris; we're tryig to explain that to OASIS
Michael; I'm ready to go back to calling it L&T, rather than 'big' or one of those
Tom; I like the reasoning that OASIS has; if i have a list of packages, I'd want the list of 'everything', rather than names that look like they're mutually exclusive. We certainly want to be able to describe subset package relationships; if the place where you download has all the packages and descriptions of them, that would work.,
Don; should we add the term 'edition' to name?
Kris; before we decide, we should look at what we prototyped for cover pages for each package.
Robert; isn't it better to call the basic package basic DITA?
Tom; core DITA would also work for me.
Michael; what did we call the directory structure?
Robert; in 1.2 we called it 'base', before that there was no use of 'base.'
Maybe we're not ready to make a decision yet, maybe a clearer word would be better
[hold on this]
Kris; we need volunteers to work on on how we frame these three packages, and to work on what artifact will go in each. We need to consider how we want to frame packages for users in the OASIS cover pages
ActionItem: Nancy and Tom will work on this

7. New item: @keyscope on
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00120.html (Anderson, 16 April 2015)
Robert; relcolspec allows for @keyscope, but there's no description anywhere in the spec as to what this means or implies; either we need to provide documentation for this, or, more likely, we should update grammar files to remove @keyscope from relcolspec
Chris; as far as I'm concerned, you can't have @keyscope on a reltable, the reltable elements fall outside of the scope of my thought about the topic.
Kris; as a quick solution, should we remove @keyscope from all reltable elements for 1.3, knowing that we could re-apply them selectively in the future?
Robert; it's possible you could put it on a reltable without breaking things, but not on any element within a reltable.
Chris; right
Michael; but is there any practical use for a @keyscope on a reltable?
[TC consensus: no, there's no particular use for @keyscope on reltable or any of the reltable elements, i.e. reltable, relcolspec, and relcell]
1. Eliot will remove @keyscope from the DITA grammar files.
2. Robert will update the spec to reflect the change.

meeting closed at 12 noon ET

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 28 April 2015

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2015-05-01 14:07:16

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]