OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [dita] Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 05 May 2015 uploaded

I'm just catching up from my vacation, and notice in the minutes below the assertion that the term "key space" was not present in DITA 1.2, which is absolutely untrue. It is present in numerous topics related to keys, including an explicit definition in the topic, "DITA terminology and notation." One of the big challenges in adapting the initial keyscope proposal into spec language was finding a way to do it while accommodating the language related to "key spaces" and "key resolution contexts" present in 1.2.

I'm not suggesting an amendment to the minutes here, just trying to clear up any misconception.


Chris Nitchie

(734) 330-2978




Follow us:





From: Richard Hamilton
Date: Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at 12:12 PM
To: "dita@lists.oasis-open.org"
Subject: [dita] Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 05 May 2015 uploaded

Submitter's message
Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 5 May 2015
Recorded by Dick Hamilton

DITA TC Wiki: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/FrontPage

8:00-8:05 PT Roll call

- Quorum reached.
- Regrets: JoAnn Hackos, Stan Doherty, Chris Nitchie, and Scott Hudson

Approve minutes from previous two business meetings (4/14 and 4/28):
- Both seconded and approved.

- Demo of ditaweb scheduled for May 11, 9am eastern time. Email Kris
to get an invitation. The demo will be recorded and available.
- Updated content on Titania Delivery, including draft comments
- https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00200.html (Nitchie, 29 April 2015
- New member: Eric Sirois, IXIASOFT


1) Action items
Action items from 14 April 2015
Eliot: Add troubleshooting to ditabase document-type shell (Completed)
Kris: Talk to Mark Myers about peer maps and new learning maps
Chris: Topic about linking and @format and @scope
Action items from 28 April 2015
Robert: Clarify with OASIS what needs to be in the comments for the XML grammar files
Eliot: Remove @keyscope from reltable-related elements (Completed)
Robert: Update spec to remove @keyscope from reltable-related elements

2) Report on status of working draft:
- Style sheets and transformations: no change
- Content: Robert and Kris are working through key scope
comments. Many in the last 15 hours.

3) Targeted reviews progress:
- Request for opportunity to find the disposition of changes.
Can be difficult to find changes in ditaweb, but every comment
is assigned a disposition, which is noted in ditaweb.
- Keys are a difficult topic, and it may require additional review
- Discussion of the topic of key spaces. Is the term needed? There
is a key space manager with X-Metal, and the concept can be helpful
to implementers and possibly to users, but is it needed in the spec?
Term was not in the 1.2 spec.

4) New item: Cascading of and in maps
- Should and cascade in a map? Spec is inconsistent.
- Robert Anderson, Bob Thomas, and Don Day suggest that they should not.
- TC agreed by consensus

ACTION ITEM: Robert Anderson: Revise spec to show that and
do not cascade.

5) New item: Ontology wording
- Jim Tivy: May not be able to do an ontology with subjectScheme, but
current spec wording implies that it can. Maybe wording should use
"thesaurus" rather than "ontology."
- Kris: Suggested that we soften the wording to avoid this implication.

ACTION ITEM: Kris and Robert: Will reword to avoid suggesting that DITA can
be used to completely manage an ontology.

6) New item: Use case for key scopes within subjectScheme:
- Kris has a case. Suggest we defer discussion until Chris Nitchie
can attend. Several people expressed concerns about further
overloading key scopes.

7) New item: Extending subject schemes:
- Robert: Have wording on how to extend a scheme. For example,
you might have a map for server products and one for software.
You could merge the maps. However, the normative text says
there should be a "winning" definition. This case only appears
in an example. Question is, do we want to make this normative?
Robert's thought is that this would be difficult to use in
practice. Suggestion is to remove the non-normative example.
- Kris: not 100% confident that this isn't mentioned somewhere
in the normative content.

ACTION ITEM: Kris: will talk with Suite Solutions and IBM on how this
is or isn't being used. Will also check to see if there
is anything in the normative text that defines this.

8) New item: Need to include a "Domain constraints integration" section
in the XML grammar files?
- Kris: should we do this, and is it possible at this time?
- Agreed that we should do this if it can be implemented. Defer to
next week to include Eliot in the discussion, since he will need
to implement this.

Other items continued to next meeting

9:00 PT Close

-- Mr. Richard Hamilton
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 05 May 2015

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Richard Hamilton
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2015-05-05 09:12:04

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]