Subject: Committee decision on dita.xml.org platform

The dita.xml.org RFP evaluation committee has unanimously selected the DITAWeb-based offering at the end of a process that involved at least 3 initial responses.

Much work lies ahead in working out division of responsibilities, finishing and testing basic services, testing, porting of initial content, and more before the site can switch over. I plan to keep both TCs abreast of these activities, especially as the editorial team members of each TC can begin getting involved in the actual content and policy setup.

Most exciting to me is the opportunity we've had to see several excellent demos of platforms (more than just delivery tools) that are able to manage and serve DITA content in a live manner. This capability portends the new face of DITA content delivery and interaction, along with some exciting new opportunities for DITA adoption activities!

--
Don R. Day
Founding Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

Avast logo