Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 19 May 2015 uploaded

Submitter's message
Action Items:
1. EricS will create an intermediate XSD Schema to update infotypes for troubleshooting doc shell to allow task rather than troubelshooting as a nested element.
2. Kris will work with Bob and Robert to help set up clean publication of a working draft using OASIS transforms to get the right footers. zipfiles, etc.
3. Nancy will set up call with Kris and Tom re: planning package structure and getting OASIS buy-in on that structure.
4. TC, in particular ChrisN, Eliot, Robert, and Kris, will correspond to come up with correct wording for the agreement reached during the TC call wrt key scopes within subjectscheme.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 19 May 2015
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas

Regrets: Stan Doherty

Standing Business
=================
Approve minutes from previous business meetings:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201505/msg00068.html (5 May 2015, Dick Hamilton)
Proposed by Kris, seconded by Nancy, approved by TC
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201505/msg00118.html (12 May 2015, Nancy Harrison),
May 12th minutes just posted today, will vote on them next week

Subcommittee Reports
[Help SC was scheduled today, but Stan sent regrets; will hopefully get his report next week.

Announcements
Meeting to select vendor for dita.xml.org at 1 PM ET today; contact Kris Eberlein if you want to attend.

Business
========
1. Action items
- Action items from 14 April 2015
Kris: Talk to Mark Myers about peer maps and new learning maps
Chris: Topic about linking and @format and @scope
Chris; done, submitted for comments
- Action items from 28 April 2015
Robert: Clarify with OASIS what needs to be in the comments for XML grammar files
Robert; making progress on this; need to follow fup with Chet Ensign to make sure we understand all requirements.
- Action items from 5 May 2015
Robert: Revise draft spec to show that source and othermeta do not cascade
Kris: Soften wording in spec about subjectScheme and ontology management
Kris: Contact Suite Solutions and Nokia/Microsoft about whether they are using extension feature of subjectScheme
Kris: Review 1.2 spec to ensure that normative content does not mention extension feature
- Action items from 12 May 2015
Eliot: Update grammar files to include sections for domain and structural constraints4.
---------- long discussion --------------
Eliot: Update troubleshooting shell to allow nested task
Eliot; worked on this; posted message on XSDs; will be complete as soon as changes are committed.
- Kris; do we need any discussion of this?
- Eliot; yes, a bit.
- Robert; let's have that now.
- Eliot; basic problem is that we need to change the info-types definition in troubleshooting shell to allow only task; for DTD and RNG shells, that can be done in one step, but for XSD, it can't. For XSD, in one change, we can update it to allow task, but not disallow troubleshooting; as I see it, we have 3 options:
1. let the XSD version be different, in allowing both task and troubleshooting as nested topics.
2. change troubleshooting infotype tI to 'no-topic-nesting'.
3. allow for an intermediate group file, so that we can disallow all topic nesting, and then add task in the intermediate file.
- [Robert; I'd ignore XSDs since I'm not an XSD user.]
- EricS; are the XSDs available anywhere?
- Eliot, yes, but not with these changes.
- EricS; infotypes are usually defined in the schema, not in the mod file.
- Eliot; the issue is that, using 'redefine', you can allow things, but not disallow things; would need to add an intermediate step.
- EricS; I believe that in 1.2 the group was added, but it was blank, because you can't define infotype in the actual .mod file
- Eliot; in task.mod for 1.2, the task infotype is defined as allowing task or infotypes.
- Joann; the reason we put 'task' structure in troubleshooting topics was that user studies said they needed it.
- Robert; and we added content to the spec to fix problems with the test; previous version was 'broken' and we fixed that; what we're doing now is defined not as breakage, but the way it works.
- Kris; we've now defined in the spec the ability to reuse structure, and we have markup to let that happen.
- Bob; this isn't a problem with reuse, it was caused by allowing task to be nested in troubleshooting.
- EricS; my vote would be to make the intermediate step; take out troubleshooting, then add task. It's not the 'best' solution, but it makes things uniform among schema types, s- o we should do it.
- Eliot; that seems correct; it would also be useful to have an example of that, in case someone wants to do something like it in other places. Eric, can you do that for us?
- Eric; I can do it; do you want to generate it, or should I just or just stuff it into what's there?
- Eliot; at this point, XSDs are not re-generateable.
**ActionItem: EricS will create an intermediate XSD Schema to update infotypes for troubleshooting doc shell to allow task rather than troubelshooting as a nested element.