OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 26 May 2015 uploaded

Submitter's message
1. Bob will upload published PDF spec output; Tom and Scott will review.
2, TC members need to begin review of any available spec material - for direct addressing, config/specialization, etc., as soon as it's available.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 26 May 2015
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:

Regrets: David Helfinstine

Standing Business
Approve minutes from previous business meetings:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201505/msg00118.html (12 May 2015, Nancy Harrison),
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201505/msg00157.html (Nancy Harrison, 19 May 2015)
Proposed by Kris, seconded by Dick, approved by TC

Subcommittee Reports
Help SC scheduled today.
Stan gave an abbreviated report; the SC hasn't met in awhile; he'll ping other members and get a date by which they will have had a meeting and can report.


1. Action items (see full list in agenda)
- Kris has been busy and not able to address any action items
- Robert has completed work on AIs from May 5 & May 12
- EricS has completed his AI from May 19
- Eliot has committed his changes for topic nesting issue.
- Nancy & Tom have spoken with Kris to begin working on OASIS packaging issues

2. Report on status of working draft
- Style sheets (Thomas)
- Transformations (Thomas)
- Content (Anderson and Eberlein)
- XML grammars (Kimber)
- Related e-mails:
Build results uploaded
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00180.html (Eberlein, 28 April 2015)
Need feedback about file names and footer info for CHM and HTML versions of the DITA spec
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00173.html (Eberlein, 28 April 2015)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201505/msg00030.html (Ensign, forwarded by Eberlein, 5 May 2015)
Work required to get a working draft of the spec out
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00088.html (Eberlein, 14 April 2015)
Bob; I worked on styoleshets and transforms; solved chapter numbering problem; also have a footer now in XSLT output; also working on getting online and standalone versions to work correctly; I've committed work on PDF output, so I'm done with that.
Kris; do you need any assistance?
Bob; I need some feedback on section/example titles; made some changes there; should we extend numbering down to section headings?
Kris; we don't really need to number sections.
Bob; I agree with that.
[general TC agreement with not numbering sections; if a section needs a number, it's probably a new topic...]
Kris; shall we create an AI to have people look at your styling changes?
Bob; yes,
Kris; mainly PDF?
Bob; yes, though it would be good to look at HTML footer as well.
Tom; I'll do that,
Scott; I'll also volunteer.
ActionItem; Bob will upload output; Tom and Scott will review.

3. Targeted reviews progress: January - May 2015
Schedule for targeted reviews:
- Progress on branch filtering: Comments assigned dispositions; editing in progress
- Processing etc.: All voting members are asked to participate
TBD: Direct addressing
- Configuration, specialization, and constraints: Volunteers requested
TBD: Configuration and specialization
Kris; Robert & I are meeting after TC call today; we will probably have another review going up this week, on direct addressing, and conceptual material on config and specialization. hopefully by Weds, if not, on Thurs.
ActionItem; TC members need to begin review of any available material as soon as it's available.

4. Report about dita.xml.org
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201505/msg00138.html (Day, 19 May 2015)
Don; we met last week to do a final evaluation, having seen various demos; we came to a primary choice of Mekon web offering, because of advanced state of development and community support for it. We apprised the various vendors, and thanked them. Mekon will have internal meetings and then meet with our committee in early June. will need assistance from community in evaluating existing content, curating it, oonverting to DITA, adding taxonomy (they use subjectscheme for taxonomy), so we need input for that.
Kris; I think this will be a nice fresh look for the site.
Don; just fyi, the other offerings were also good in handling of DITA, but the best community site was Mekon's.

5. New item: Rationale for content model of definition list entry
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201505/msg00099.html (Eberlein, 17 May 2015)
Kris; I couldn't seee why there were multiple 'dt' elements allowed within dlentry.
Nancy; there's the case of multiple products/product lines merged in single company after mergers/acquisitions (e.g. IBM/Rational)
Don; it was originally put in for the generalization perspective, allowing latitude
Robert; I see the same reasons as others, also came from DITA's derivation from HTML.
Don; should we include this in 'dita quirks' article?

6. New item: Playing Devil's Advocate with Keys
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201505/msg00116.html (David Hollis, 19 May 2015)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201505/msg00150.html (Amber Swope, 21 May 2015)
Kris; this may be something to refer to the adoption TC. it pertains entirely to adoption TC feature article about keys, or Ambers comment.
Amber; when you're trying to explain keys to a new group, this is a salient point; I hadn't noticed that language before. Spec doesn't say that keyword is the only element used, but the word itself may confuse some folks.
Bob; perhaps we outght to put this on the agenda for the adoption TC
Stan; yes, we'll add it.
Robert; hopefuly, our re-organization in 1.3 spec around using the term 'keyword' for text will help; spec previously used 'keyword' as a word a lot in the text.
JohnH; since some DITA authoring tools using 'shortdesc' for UI hoverhelp, maybe we should look at the shortdesc info for key, keyref, keyword, keydef?
Kris; I'd be really hesitant to do any fiddling with spec content at this point; we can resolve this by passing it to the Adoption TC.

7. New item: Orientation for new OASIS members who join the TC
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201505/msg00121.html (Eberlein, 19 May 2015)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201505/msg00127.html (Day, 19 May 2015)
Kris; I had posted this to list and Don has volunteered to take that on. Any other volunteers?
Don; Does anyone have materials they'veu used for that?
Kris; I never used any, just a 30-min phone call.
Don; will do.

8. Continuing item: Extending subject schemes
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00179.html (Eberlein, 28 April 2015)
Kris; I've open ActionItems to deal with this, for next week

9. Continuing item: Suggestions for full package name
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00090.html (Magliery, 14 April 2015)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00094.html (Eberlein, 14 April 2015)
Kris; this is a follow-on to work Tom and Nancy are doing.

11:30 ET Close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 26 May 2015

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2015-05-30 11:34:54

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]