Subject: Re: [dita] Groups - Sample PDF uploaded

* Is there a way to suppress the auto-generated text "on page"
        when the cross reference is to something that will be rendered
        on the same PDF page?

This is not possible using XSL-FO and a one-pass process. It's an example
of "layout-driven formatting" that requires of knowledge of where two
objects will be rendered relative to each other in the paginated document,
knowledge you can't have at FO generation time in a one-pass process.

Using multiple passes it is, of course, possible, but to date nobody has
implemented general support for multi-pass FO processing with the OT (but
it is possible using proprietary features of FOP, AH, and XEP and there is
an open-source project that provides general support for for FOP and AH
that could be integrated with the PDF2 transform).

----
Eliot Kimber, Owner
Contrext, LLC
http://contrext.com