Subject: Re: [dita] Groups - Sample PDF uploaded

About this one:

      Pg 392 Footnote word is wrapped oddly. Shouldn’t it have the number of the footnote it refers to, instead of the text “Footnote”?
<kje>Leaving this to Robert. He's the only person brave enough to work in this topic.</kje>

It looks like the PDF output does not properly handle a cross reference to a footnote. The link seems to go to the right spot but the text is wrong. Scott's right - it should be the number. Guessing this is an issue in the core DITA-OT footnote rendering for PDF, but either way, something we should investigate.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit (http://www.dita-ot.org/)

Inactive hide details for Kristen James Eberlein ---05/30/2015 07:23:31---I am going to add some contents here, since I am famiKristen James Eberlein ---05/30/2015 07:23:31---I am going to add some contents here, since I am familiar with the content. (And am procrastinating

From: Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>
To: dita@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: 05/30/2015 07:23
Sent by: <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

I am going to add some contents here, since I am familiar with the content. (And am procrastinating on cleaning my house before my cleaning lady arrives.)

Folks, when you provide feedback on the spec formatting, please be sure and include not just the page number, but also the number and title of the topic. For example, "2.5.4.1 RELAX NG document-type shell: Coding requirements".

Bob, here's my quick summary; almost everything concerns cross references:
    • Cross references to <dlentry> elements are not being rendered as links. That happens out-of-the-box with HTML output, and I think Robert and I had forgotten that the PDF style sheets would need to be tweaked to accomplish that.
    • Including the auto-generated text "on page" for <xref> to topics in the content model appendix just does not work. Let's you and I and Robert put our heads together about this one.
    • Is there a way to suppress the auto-generated text "on page" when the cross reference is to something that will be rendered on the same PDF page?
    • We lack styling for the different levels of an unordered list, except for indentaton. (Lower priority)
    • Regarding the item on page 392, I'm leaving that one to Robert. (I'm not brave enough to venture into that topic.)

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)