OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 9 June 2015 uploaded

Submitter's message
1. TC members should review the 2 new sets of material out for review and post comments on them.
2. TC members should review the 'Release Mgmt. Domain' article and post comments on it.
3. Tom and Nancy will resolve edition cover page content, edition structure/naming and engage with Chet and Paul to get OASIS approval of our decisions.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 9 June 2015
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:

Regrets: none?

Standing Business
Approve minutes from previous business meetings:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201506/msg00081.html (Nancy Harrison, 2 June 2015)
Proposed by Kris, seconded by Don, approved by TC

Subcommittee Reports



1. Action items
- Action items from 28 April 2015
Robert: Clarify with OASIS what needs to be in the comments for the XML grammar files
Robert; [completed]
- Action items from 12 May 2015
Eliot: Update grammar files to include sections for domain and structural constraints
Eliot; haven't worked on that specifically; have made some updates to grammar bugs that Eric reported; waited for finsal info about OASIS wording.
Kris; this is not about oasis wording; just about including wording for domain and structural constraints.
Eliot; right, but I was waiting for oasis comments.
- Action items from 19 May 2015
Kris: Work with Chris, Eliot, and Robert to develop wording re key scopes within subjectScheme
- Action items from 2 June 2015
Nancy & Tom: Meet about packaging
Nancy; we will meet later today...
Kris & Bob: Work on file renaming for build (In progress)
Bob; I set it up so file names would be taken out of metadata, rather than taking it out of bookmap.
Kris & Robert: Review topic about "DITA elements in strange places" (Completed)
[see related item #3 below]

2. Targeted reviews progress: January - June 2015
Schedule for targeted reviews:
2-7 June: Direct addressing (4 pages)
2-7 June: Non-normative appendix (16 pages not including reference tables)
8-15 June: Coding requirements: Coding requirements (35 pages
8-15 June: Conformance and linking topics: Linking and conformance (4 pages)
Robert; we closed review of 'direct addressing' and 'non-normative' material last night, Kris has already included some of the comments; next 2 sets of review material were uploaded yesterday; 1. coding requirements, setting up modular XSD, RNG, DTD files; in 1.2 that content was spread out all over the spec, now it's all in one spot, and sections are consistent between DTD/XSD/RNG, and 2. conformance and linking (including Chris's linking overview), plus required conformance topic..
Nancy; I did my review this morning
kris; please do not review content after the review has closed; incorporating comments from DITAWeb is very difficult.
ActionItem: TC members should review the 2 new sets of material out for review and post comments on them.

3. New item: Article for "DITA elements in strange places" action
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201411/msg00039.html (Day, 4 November 2014)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201506/msg00071.html (Eberlein, 8 June 2015)
Kris; Don, you had an action item that came out of the 'sort-as' proposal; you submitted the article last year. I've looked at it, and think it's more suitable for a FAQ or an article/white paper outside of the spec.
Don; is it appropriate for me to relocate it and handle it that way?
Kris; yes, I'll let you know where it is in SVN so you can either move it or do more work on it and transfer it to the Adoption TC, where it belongs.

4. New item: Review of Adoption TC article about "Release management domain"
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201506/msg00061.html (Thomas, 8 June 2015)
Comments requested by 16 June 2015
Bob; adoption TC is done reviewing this; it's out to the list for comments. deadline of June 16
ActionItem: TC members should review the 'Release Mgmt. Domain' article and post comments on it.

5. New item: Reminder about steps in OASIS process
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201506/msg00084.html (Eberlein, 9 June 2015)
Kris went over an online presentation on the procedure for getting a spec approved in OASIS; short summary; we have no time to waste, if we're going to get it out this year.
[link to her slides is in email]
Stan; has approval process changed since 1.2?
Kris; not so much; I put these slides together at 1.2, and reviewed them about 18 months ago.
Robert; there don't seem to be 'material' changes in terms of OASIS.
Tom; it seems there's a bunch of chunks that are out of our control, so we could get 'lucky' and gain a day here or there...
Kris; in all places where we're waiting for OASIS, I used their own estimates of how long they say it takes them to turn things around. In 1.2, it took them all their time and more...
Don; was this analysis done during the Mary McCrae [sp?] days.
Kris; no, it was done after she left, and Chet reviewed it at the time. I have not asked him to review it for changes.
Eliot; Chet is certainly supportive of DITA, so he'll at least cooperate.
Kris; yes, as opposed to what we had before he came... At the same time, there are OASIS rules where we don't fit into the usual model of other TCs, in particular around the fact that we're not authoring our spec in Word.

6. Schedule for June 2015
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201506/msg00086.html (Eberlein, 9 June 2015)
[continued Kris presentation, from email above]

7. Packages for DITA 1.3 (Harrison and Magliery; Eberlein)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201506/msg00090.html (Eberlein, 8 June 2015)
Kris; I had a 30 min conversation with Chet, and was left hopeful that he would let us use packaging for what we want, In having 3 packages (see the email for copies of her proposals),
Nancy; what about a PDF at the top level?
Kris; We don't want a pdf at the top level, all real content should be at the package level.
Nancy; Tom and I are meeting after this meeting to go forward with this.
Kris; if you need to get me on a call, let me know.

8. Continuing item: Suggestions for full package name
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00090.html (Magliery, 14 April 2015)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201504/msg00094.html (Eberlein, 14 April 2015)
Kris; I've been thinking that maybe we should talk about these not as 'packages' but as 'editions'.
Don; is either of those a 'code' word at OASIS?
Kris; not that I know of, and if OASIS has an issue with either, we'll go with what they want; but we need to have a decision on 'package vs edition' and a resolution of all the choices for the largest 'everything' package within a couple of days, in order to complete what we need to get done this week.
Tom; I don't think we can decide on a name for the everything package in 8 minutes, but I'll send out mail about it, and I'd also like to work with Bob about being able to generate one or more of the package specs myself for testing purposes.
Kris; one other work item; if we can go with packages, we'll need multiple cover pages for each package, and a separate ditamap to build each edition, We'll need to add a work item for this. So, in what's left of our time, can we make a choice between package and edition?
Joann; I vote we don't use any packaging, but only deliver the entire package as one.
Kris; that was decided earlier in the year, and we decided to try to go with packages, but your position is noted.
Kris; I move we use edition
Robert; second that
Kris; any objections?
[TC has decided to call the different sets/subsets of material 'editions' rather than 'packages'.

11:58 ET Close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 9 June 2015

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2015-06-09 09:33:29

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]