OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 23 June 2015 uploaded

Submitter's message
[No ActionItems from minutes]

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 23 June 2015
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:

Regrets: Dave Helfinstine, Eric Sirois

Standing Business
Approve minutes from previous business meetings:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201506/msg00216.html (Nancy Harrison, 16 June 2015)
Proposed by Kris, seconded by BobT, approved by TC

Subcommittee Reports


1. Action items
- Action items from 19 May 2015
Kris: Work with Chris, Eliot, and Robert to develop wording re key scopes within subjectScheme
- Action items from 2 June 2015
Kris & Bob: Work on file renaming for build (Completed)
- Action items from 16 June 2015:
Tom: Refine edition graphics (Completed)
Tom, Nancy, Kris: Continue with edition-specific wording (Completed)
Kris; working on 19 May item

2. Targeted reviews progress: January - June 2015
Link to DITAweb: https://ditaweb.com/oasis-dita/DITAweb
Home page for targeted reviews
Kris; targeted reviews are all done; links have been moved to the reviews page.

3. Continuing item: Schedule for June 2015
Schedule for June 2015
Kris; added a new item on cover pages for edition-specific pages.

4. Continuing item: DITA 1.3 editions
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201506/msg00260.html (Eberlein, 21 June 2015)
Link to latest version: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201506/msg00288.html (Eberlein, 23 June 2015)
Kris; we've created edition-specific pages, those are under review by OASIS.
Kris; Robert, Eliot and I made the decision that the compact versions of the RNG grammar files are not ready to ship.
Robert; the copyrights were in the RNC files, but they've never been tested; Eliot wasn't 100% confident that it's ready for the standard, so we'll just ship the RNG versions. The RNC versions are only mentioned in the spec to say that .rnc and .rng rules are the same.
Eliot; I started with a plan to generate rng from rnc; as far as I know, there's no current audience for .rnc except for Scott; we can provide them thru non-normative channels.
Scott; are you using Trang to produce those?
Eliot; no; it doesn't work. I'm using XSLT, but it's not complete. I don't want to risk delay.
Scott; OK, we can supply them later to open source channels.
Kris; we don't want to put out for public review anything that might trigger a second review.
[TC logged into webinar and looked at the latest cover pages.]
Kris; we will want feedback on this organization.
Stan; should we look at individual packages?
Nancy;; can we put it on the OASIS site early so the links can be checked?
Kris; OASIS does that checking when they put it on the site.
Michael; could we replace the .chm zip with an .epub zip?
Kris; it's way too late for that; we had a discussion on the dita-users list 2 years ago, and they definitely wanted to get a .chm version.
Michael, OK, let's stick with .chm for now, and go to an .epub version to replace it in the future.
Nancy; do we need alt-text for edition graphics?
Robert; Kris and I have talked; we need to do that, but we want to finalize the visible text first, to serve as the basis of the alt-text.

5. New item: Acknowledgments topic in the DITA 1.3 spec
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201506/msg00247.html (Eberlein, 21 June 2015)
Kris; do folks have any comments on acknowledgements?
[no comments]

6. New item: List of external stakeholders for the DITA 1.3 spec
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201506/msg00248.html (Eberlein, 21 June 2015)
Kris; do we need to add anyone to the current list?
Stan; should we add sister standards orgs, e.g. ISO, IEEE? Maybe even STC, though it's not really a standards org.
Kris; possibly, also please see my list from above mail
Joann; we could put it out to the DITA Awareness LinkedIn group.
Kris; Chet may not want that as 'external stakeholder' but we should put it out there if he doesn't.
Don; what about the techdoc SIGS of standards orgs?
Kris; Stan mentioned that, e.g. the IEEE Prof. Comm., ACM SIGDOC, etc. What about DocBook?
[they will be notified as part of OASIS]
Kris; if we're going to ask Chet to notify outside groups, we need to give him a list of contact people in those orgs asap.
Stan; I'm chatting with ISO this aternoon, will get contact info
Kris; what about STC?
Stan; I can get that too.
Kris; if we can get that contact info, we'll includet them, ortherwise not.
Stan; I'll try to reach S1000D
Michael; In terms of informing S1000D and DocBook, are we expecting good feedback?
[discussion on whether to include S1000D among official 'stakeholders'; consensus was that they didn't really fit into that category.]
Stan; we could include them 'just as a courtesy' if the notice were worded carefully.
Kris; there won't be any chance for wordsmithing of the notice; it's a boilerplate public announcement to stakeholders. Since S1000D doesn't seem to fit that category, it doesn't make sense to include them.
[consensus of the TC was to not include S1000D as an external stakeholder]

7. Review #2 comments: All on hold
Continued item: Subject scheme (on hold until after targeted review of subject scheme material & action items)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201411/msg00078.html (Eberlein, 28 November 2014)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201412/msg00025.html (Nitchie, 8 December 2014)
LATEST: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201501/msg00069.html (Kimber, 20 January 2015)
Kris; we can close this item once I close the final changes.

11:55 ET Close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 23 June 2015

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2015-06-29 10:51:17

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]