Subject: Index in the PDF version of the spec?

Background:

We removed the index from the 1.2 specification because it was of extremely low quality. Since then, Robert and I have been improving the indexing as we can (placing all <indexterm> elements in the prolog), although there still are many holes.

We *can* index during the forthcoming 30-day review, and I have several folks who have volunteered to work together under rigid guidelines to do so.

Shall we move forward with this? I'm old school; I firmly believe that an index is an important and necessary entry point to information, and I don't think that online search can replace it.

Let's talk about this. I know that we have TC members who think that an index is unprofessional in PDF output unless the <indexterm> entries are placed in-text.

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)