Subject: Minor issue with the DITA 1.3 spec

I think we need to do a little more finessing around the editions.

3.2.1 Basic topic elements:
The shortdesc reads "The generic topic structure is used for untyped topics. While much of the DITA architecture is built on generic topics, it is generally better to use more specific information types (such as concept, task, or reference) when they are available." Let's recast this for the base edition?, which does not include concept, task, and reference. This simply will require conditionalizing the content of the <shortdesc> for the three editions.

3.2.1.1 <topic>:

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)

Posted by: Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>