Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 18 August 2015.txt uploaded

Submitter's message
Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 18 August 2015
Recorded by Tom Magliery
Agenda for this meeting: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas

Regrets: Dick Hamilton

Few minutes late starting due to problems with conference call dial-in number.

Roll-call/quorum noted at 8:11am PT/11:11am ET

Standing Business
===================
Approve minutes from 3 previous meetings (28 Jul, 11 Aug, 13 Aug (short "emergency" meeting for TC round table vote))
Kris: Are there any objections to having a single action to approve all of these minutes?
(No objections)
Kris: move to approve; Don: second; minutes approved.

Subcommittee Reports: none

Announcements
===============
Kris: thanks to all those who called in for the special meeting last week, and thanks to everyone for voting so promptly on the ballot to submit the final DITA 1.3 spec to OASIS for consideration. Chet was reluctant to open such a vote on a weekend, and we completed our voting by 10am Eastern Monday morning. Not that we are competitive.

Business
=========
1. No open action items

2. Look at the calendar of critical dates for DITA 1.3 spec progress

Kris: Next step to accomplish: provide OASIS with 3 statements-of-use for DITA 1.3
Would like to have these in place by the time of our TC meeting next week.
The more of these we have, the better.
Tom: What constitutes a statement of use?
Kris: A little trick; OASIS changes things up a bit. For DITA 1.2 it was just a simple statement that the organization is using such-and-such part(s) of the standard. To start with just a simple paragraph is good enough. Let's get some out there, and if OASIS wants something more, they will say so.
Keith? Scott?: Can search for old ones from DITA 1.2 on the TC mailing list.
Scott: Be sure to list the spec name and date.
Kris: CS01, to be dated 19 August is the best one to reference.
Eliot: Thought there was a specific format laid out for us before.
Kris: Let's forget about that for the moment, not make it harder than we need to, model our statements after DITA 1.2 patterns. Again, if OASIS needs something different they will tell us.

---------------------
NEW ACTION ITEM(S):
---------------------
The following people committed to providing statements of use for the mentioned organizations:

Kris: Eberlein Consulting
Eliot: At least one customer, possibly two
Scott: Comtech
Tom: JustSystems
Keith: IXIASOFT
David: PTC

Kris: Please get all statements out there by Thursday of this week (20 Aug).

3. Agenda item #5 - campaigning for the DITA 1.3 vote
Kris: Initial spreadsheet based on OASIS data and company info from Keith is available on OASIS SVN.
Robert: [screen sharing of spreadsheet during meeting]
Kris: Clear from spreadsheet that many companies who voted on 1.2 are no longer in OASIS, and that there are many new OASIS members. Going to have to figure out how to reach all the new companies.
As a first pass - find people who have personal connections to the primary contacts for organizations.

[paging through spreadsheet, TC members volunteering for line items where applicable]

Kris: Let's come up with some pre-crafted emails for folks to write
Don: Should also have a message we can give our contacts to give to their primary contact
Kris: Note that we are getting a very early start on this -- the actual vote will be in Nov-Dec

[more paging ... ]

Kris: Homework assignment - everyone look through this list, think about ways we can group it, and think about template emails.

Meeting adjourned, 9am PT/12pm ET

-- Mr. Tom Magliery
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 18 August 2015.txt

Description
DITA TC Meeting Minutes for 18 August 2015
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Tom Magliery
Folder: Meeting Notes