Subject: RE: [dita-adoption] Re: [dita] Review of the "DITA 1.3: A to Z article"

Maybe this could be the final section and it could have a title of something like:

                'Zation architects get new stuff, too

or:

                Zere's also new stuff for ze information architects

mag

(I thought I was joking, but stubbornly clinging to the A-Z idea, I think the last one could work!)

From: dita-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:dita-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Michael Priestley
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:41 AM
To: DITA TC; DITA Adoption

I just went in looking to review any info about updated specialization rules (the new soft constraints model for conref, and the ability to reuse fragments of structural specializations across type hierarchies). Neither of those are in there.

I realize this is intended for a less technical audience, but given the detail that's provided on other updates (eg <cite> now allowed in <title>, etc.) it may be at least worth noting that this whitepaper does NOT cover some core architectural changes. In other words it is not comprehensive as it currently stands.

Maybe even a paragraph that says this is aimed at explaining the changes for authors, but that there are other changes not covered that only affect the jobs of specialization architects?

Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Enterprise Content Technology Strategist
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/michael-priestley