Subject: OASIS pre-vote Webinar

I spoke with Jane Harnad at OASIS yesterday, to get a little more information about the pre-vote Webinars. This is something that OASIS has only done once before; we would be the 2nd TC to try it.

She suggested a 30-minute Webinar (and I mentioned that we'd talked about maybe 15 minutes) to simply introduce the DITA TC to other OASIS members, who would be the primary audience. We talked about possible content for the Webinar:
  • What DITA is
  • What can be done with DITA
  • History of DITA and its adoption
  • Who uses DITA
  • Very, very high-level look (one slide) at the contours of DITA 1.3
Their approach is to hold these Webinars before the vote, so that Chet can include a link to the Webinar recording in the e-mail that he sends out to the organizational members who vote. This presents a bit of difficulty for us, given that our plan is try and open the vote on December 1. That would mean that really the only possible day for the Webinar would be the Monday following US Thanksgiving. Jane is going to to talk to Chet about this and get back to us.

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)