Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 29 September 2015 uploaded

Submitter's message
[no new action items]

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 29 September 2015
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas

Regrets: Joann, Chris

Standing Business
=================
x (Harrison, 15 August 2015)
[on hold waiting for response from Kris]
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201509/msg00100.html (Nancy Harrison, for 22 September)
Moved by Nancy, seconded by Bob, approved by TC

Subcommittee Reports
none

Announcements
None

Business
========
1. Action items
- 15 September 2015:
Stan: Assess how lists are ordered in the Language Reference
- 22 September 2015:
Kris: Contact Jane Harnad for more info on the pre-OS vote Webinar (Completed)
Kris: Contact Patrick Durasau about the "hanging paragraph" comment (Completed)
Stan: still at same place [continued]

2. Calendar for critical dates to enable DITA 1.3 to be released in 2015
Schedule: July - December 2015
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/ScheduleJuly-December2015
[still in public review until Nov 14]

3. Continuing item: Discussion re TAB comments on CSPRD 01
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201508/msg00074.html (Eberlein, 8 August 2015)
- Hyperlinks for all element and attribute mentions: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TAB-1276
- Alphabetize lists: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TAB-1273
- "Hanging paragraphs": https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TAB-1282
** NEW https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201509/msg00103.html (Eberlein, 29 September 2015)
Kris sent mail reporting on her call with Patrick Durusau; the matter is resolved, since the issue 'isn't germane to our topic-based architecture.'
[resolved]

4. Comments on the 60-day review
Wiki page (https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/PublicReviewDITA1.3-60Day)
So far, there's just one comment, from Julio.
Robert; Julio and I traded mail about this; we feel that the SVG and MathML vocabularies are great examples of using 'foreign' element for specialization; he disagrees, but the spec (which cites them as examples, not as normative text) does not have to change.
[resolved, BUT: The existence of this comment (i.e. now that there is at least one) "activates" the week of padding in the schedule that allows for resolution of comments.]

5. Continuing item: DITA TC Committee Note: "Why are there three editions of DITA 1.3?"
Update on progress?
John gave a report; the working group had a call on Friday, 9/25; they came up with a list of action items, some of which have already been completed; the rest are in process and are expected to be complete by our next meeting on Mon, Oct 5th.

6. Continuing item: Pre-OS vote orientation webinar opportunity
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201509/msg00084.html (Jane Harnad, 18 September 2015)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201509/msg00085.html (Eberlein, 20 September 2015)
NEW https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201509/msg00104.html (Eberlein, 29 September 2015)
Kris had a call with Jane Harnad; This would be the 2nd such webinar to be planned; they don't do them with 'big' TCs (with lots of active members from lots of OASIS member companies). OASIS wants to hold such webinars just before opening the vote; for us, that's the Monday following Thanksgiving. We're looking at maybe 30 mins; brief intro to DITA, it's goals, history, brief description of what it can do.
Kris; is anyone interested in doing slide deck for this? nancy don
Don; can we use Keith's material on 'what's new in 1.3?
Michael; I disagree; the vast majority of the target audience are not dita-aware; they have no idea of what it is and can do; we need for this to be an intro.
Kris: Yes, audience is people unfamiliar with DITA
Nancy: we want to locate DITA in the constellation of standards
[Kris will draft a brief outline and send it out to volunteers, Nancy, Don, Tom, Michael).]

7. Continuing item: Campaigning for the DITA 1.3 vote: (Tom Magliery)
Ballot info for DITA 1.2: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=1968
Spreadsheet of OASIS voting members who will vote to approve DITA 1.3: http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/dita/administration/voting-OASIS-members-August-2015.xlsx
The spreadsheet includes e-mail addresses, whether a company uses DITA, whether the company is a TC member, and whether the company voted Yes on DITA 1.2
Update?
[continued to next week]

Other action:
Bob Thomas: DITA Adoption TC came up with process for white papers
(email to lists yesterday). Please look through, give feedback on process ASAP to Bob
[Email to TC not received (went to Tech Comm SC by mistake), Bob will re-send.]

11:31 ET Close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 29 September 2015

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison