OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 10 November 2015 uploaded

Submitter's message
Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 10 November 2015
Recorded by Dick Hamilton

DITA TC Wiki: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/FrontPage

8:00-8:05 PT Roll call

- Quorum reached.
- Regrets: David Helfinstine


Approve minutes from previous meeting:
- Seconded by Bob Thomas
- Accepted with no objections


All items except 1, 2, 3, and 5 are continued to next meeting.

1. Action Items:
- None recorded in agenda
- Eliot updated grammar files with non-substantive changes to
the learning group and learning object maps.
See: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201511/msg00039.html

2. Calendar for critical dates
- Schedule: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/ScheduleJuly-December2015
- Ballot opens 18 Nov. If you want to vote on the ballot, be sure to keep attendance
status current through the 17 Nov meeting.

3. Comments on the 60-day review
- Wiki page: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/PublicReviewDITA1.3-60Day
- New comments: See c009-20 on the Wiki page.
- Discussion:
These are all comments from Ymte Westra. Most are minor and have
have been addressed by Robert and noted in the wiki.
One comment, c017, was discussed by the TC. This comment suggested
using a separate attribute to specify the keyscope to address a key inside
a key scope. This option was considered by the TC during the design of
1.3, and the TC chose the current design because we thought it would be
more flexible.

ACTION: Robert Anderson will respond to Ymte to explain the disposition of
this comment and Ymte's other comments.

5. Continuing item: Campaigning for the DITA 1.3 vote: (Tom Magliery)
- Discussion:
The objective is to reach out individually to as many OASIS voting members
as possible. Tom has created a spreadsheet (see link below) that contains
all voting members. He and Kris prioritized the members based on whether
their company uses DITA, they are on the TC, or they voted for 1.2.
At the meeting, we assigned someone to each person with priority 1 or 2.
Each DITA TC member will send each of his or her assignees two messages:
+ This week: advance notification about the vote and request to participate.
+ When vote opens: reminder and request to vote.

The 1.2 Ballot shows who voted for DITA 1.2 (both person and company):
DITA 1.2 Ballot: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=1968

This spreadsheet shows all voting members, their contact information, and the
DITA TC person assigned. Note that not all OASIS voting members have a DITA TC
member assigned. Only priority 1 and 2 voting members, and a few others, were
Spreadsheet: http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/dita/administration/voting-OASIS-members-August-2015.xlsx

ACTION: Tom will send out a sample note that people can use to send to the
people they volunteered to contact. TC members are free to adapt the
note as appropriate.

ACTION: Everyone who has volunteered to reach out: Send the initial message
to your recipients by this Friday, November 13.

ACTION: Kris will send some sample notes based on what she has sent out already.

-- Mr. Richard Hamilton
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 10 November 2015

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Richard Hamilton
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2015-11-10 10:39:07

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]