OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 15 December 2015 uploaded

Submitter's message
Action items: none

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 15 December 2015
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:

Regrets: Eric

Standing Business
Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201512/msg00077.html (Nancy Harrison, for 8 December 2015)
Proposed by Kris, seconded by Bob, approved by TC

Subcommittee Reports

next week'scall - cancelled next meeting january

1. Action items
8 December 2015
Everyone continue contacting their assigned OASIS voters [completed]

2. Calendar for critical dates to enable DITA 1.3 to be released in 2015
Schedule: July - December 2015

3. Continuing item: Campaigning for the DITA 1.3 vote: (Tom Magliery)
Spreadsheet of OASIS voting members who will vote to approve DITA 1.3: http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/dita/administration/voting-OASIS-members-August-2015.xlsx

Discussion of status of campaign; current count is 71, since Anne Rockley's commpany just voted. People made suggestions wrt which targets were good candidates for a final contact. Also, Kris suggested that she post on dita-users to encourage list members to contact people they know; Don, as moderator of that list, approved the posting evening though it's a tiny bit off-topic. Also, Joann will call the senior managers at Ericsson.

4. Reflections on the lobbying:
What we did?
What worked well?
What could we do better?

Kris; I found it hard to remember this kind of info about 1.2
Nancy; having Tom manage it worked well
Tom; or at any rate, having someone manage it; also was useful contacting every single voting rep and asking them to vote. We got lucky by having our vote go on at same time as XMILE; voters were in voting mode; when they went to the ballot page for one ballot, they were reminded of both ballots to vote one, and might be likely to do both.
Don; so we coul latch on to someone else's vote...
Tom; but that's a problem if another TC's spec slips, so it's not something we can count on or incorporate as part of a strategy...
Tom; is anybody personalizing the emails?
Kris; I personalized all my mail; commented on whatever work they'd done on OASIS; googled to see if there was some sort of connection.
Eliot; for folks I know, I mentioned that; for people I didn't know, I searched to see if the company used DITA, I mentioned it, otherwise used a generic note.
Kris; I looked to see if a person or company was active in any TC, if so, I mentioned it.
Joann; during the hiatus before January, please, all TC members, consider if they could contribute a feature article for Adoption TC.
Kris; good idea, please do so.
Joann; the list of available articles is on the home page of Adoption TC. It doesn't have to be on a 1.3 topic.
Kris; other items; we created a spreadsheet early on; otoh, we had to check it late in the game to see who's new and who's been added/dropped; there were a bunch of changes in the few months between the time we created the spreadsheet and the time the ballot happened.
Tom; yeah, seems to have a lot of churn; could have revised it a week or so earlier than we did; if anyone has tools for merging 2 spreadsheets, would be nice...
Kris; so the first thing to do is create a spreadsheet with extra info; who uses DITA, who voted in previous versions, who's on the TC
Tom; look at people who are on DITA or Adoption TC but don't knowingly use DITA
Kris; when you contact a voting rep where the company has an employee who's a member of the DITA or Adoption TC, cc; the TC member and get them involved in contacting the voting rep. Also, it's a very good idea to send out a general email to all OASIS members, as the XMILE TC did during their ballot.

5. Updates on other TC items
Why three editions committee note
OASIS GitHub project
Kris; Chet has said DITA TC has been chosen to be first OASIS Github project; we need to talk to him about just what this means. It's an opportunity for TCs to do joint work with non-OASIS members in a github project; he was originaly looking for a TC with a particular (non-assertion) IPR poicy, but no one stepped forward, so they decided to do it with us anyway, even though our IPR policy is not the desired one.
Michael; I'd would definitey be interested for LD
Kris; I'd want to see whether, if we have multiple projects that would be suitable, can we have multiple github projects? It might also be very good for the Adoption TC, if there are things they want to do with non-OASIS members.
Don; some of the code Mark is doing might not be suitable; I'm 100% thinking of content and contributions, rather than code, for the Adoption TC.

[ongratulations to us all on passage of 1.3 spec, especially to our editors Kris and Robert.]

11:53 ET Close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 15 December 2015

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2016-01-04 22:35:52

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]