Subject: OASIS standards balloting by month

In case we take seriously the comment that was made today about timing our next OASIS standards ballot to be in a month where more OASIS voters are inclined to vote, I calculated the average number of votes that have been obtained by all OASIS standards from 2003 through today, according to which month the ballot occurred in, and also the total number of ballots that have occurred in each month.

NOTE: These charts may be imperfect, as I collected my source data by hand from the OASIS ballot pages. I could have miscounted in various ways.

Executive summaries:

- The busiest months for ballots are January and May.

- Standards don't happen much in summertime.

- Nov and Dec are the best time for gathering votes (but not many standards happen then, either).

mag