Subject: Re: [dita] Sound bite for the OASIS press release

Never be ashamed of being an academic. We need all the academics we can get.

That said, I still haven't found a definition for semantic granularity, so I'm afraid I can't help you communicate the concept:-).

A google search turns up academic articles and books but no plain definition (at least on the first page or two), and wikipedia doesn't have the term, nor does a search find it in any other place on wikipedia. I think there's an opportunity for some academically inclined person (hint, hint) to create a new wikipedia topic:-).

But, more seriously, is the concept important to the audience for a press release for DITA? I think there are plenty of more important, and accessible, points you can make (and have made already).

Best regards,
Dick
-------
XML Press