[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Issue with content model topics
As Tom might put it, the next ding in new car door... but fortunately found in non-normative topics.
Eliot noticed that the generated content model in the appendix is off for the <change-item> element:
It ends with a confusing model of
<data>, <sort-as> <sort-as>*
The <sort-as> element is a domain specialization of <data>, so the model should end with
(<data> | <sort-as)*
I've also noticed a few other elements that are off. From what I can tell with a lot of spot-checking, the problem seems to occur mostly where domain elements show up as part of a strict or specialized content model. That is -- I see issues when content models have a required order (such as a, then b, then c), and one of those elements is extended with a domain. It appears the most common error is an element or element group appearing more than once in the model.
In most of the cases I've found, the biggest issue is with elements or element groups appearing more than once, as <sort-as> does in the model for change-item. Another unfortunate example in that same topic is the chapter element, which includes a lot of domain extensions:
As I said, these are all non-normative, but we should still add this issue to the errata and ideally update the generation tools to get new versions of the topics.
Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit (http://www.dita-ot.org/)