Subject: OASIS processes for errata

Here is the relevant content from the Technical Committee (TC) process at https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#errata . My interpretation is below:

------------------------

3.5 Approved Errata

A TC may approve a set of Errata to an OASIS Standard which it developed as "Approved Errata" by:

(a) Adopting the set of proposed corrections as a Committee Specification Draft, in the form of a list of changes, and optionally accompanied by a copy of the original OASIS Standard text marked to incorporate the proposed changes.

(b) Confirming by Full Majority Vote that the proposed corrections do not constitute a Substantive Change.

(c) Submitting the proposed corrections for a 15-day public review, and completing that review, pursuant to Section 3.2.

(d) After the public review, confirming the proposed corrections as Approved Errata by a Full Majority Vote.

Once approved, the Approved Errata shall be made available with the OASIS Standard it corrects, in any publication of that OASIS Standard. Disposition of Approved Errata must be identified in the subsequent Committee Specification Public Review Draft of the corrected OASIS Standard.

A TC may not adopt Approved Errata to an OASIS Standard more than once in any six-month period.

My interpretation -- Chet, please correct me if I am wrong:
  1. We produce a list of changes and modified artifacts that incorporate the changes (all packages and all formats: PDF, HTML, CHM, HTML ZIP, grammar files, DITA source). For the rendered versions of the spec, changes are marked.
  2. The DITA TC approves everything as a Committee Specification Draft and asserts that it does not contain Substantive Changes.
  3. The DITA TC submits the errata for a 15-day public review.
  4. The DITA TC completes the review, and does the standard stuff: Acknowledge all comments; track comments; compile a list of how comments are resolved.
  5. (If no substantive changes are made in response to review comments): DITA TC votes to approve the corrected packages as an "Approved Errata."

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)