OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 29 March 2016 uploaded

Submitter's message
Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 29 March 2016
Recorded by Tom Magliery
link to agenda for this meeting:

Regrets: Scott Hudson, Nancy Harrison, Don Day, Chris Nitchie

Standing Business
Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
March 22 minutes: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/document.php?document_id=57791
Motion to accept: Kris; Second: Dick; approved by TC

Review of action items
- See Agenda for changes as noted

TC Dinner to be held at DITA NA conference next week
Monday 6:30 at Passion Fish restaurant
At present we have 17 people!

6. Action item (Tom): Add "add more metadata for google analytics" to dita 13 errata page

Kris: How can we get people to link to the spec (email to TC list)
Any suggestions?
Eliot: looks ok to me
Promoting this at DITA NA (ideas from various people):
- Distribute a flyer?
-- ask the experts session
-- At/near the conf registration table
-- At/near the vendor schwag table
-- promote at BOFs
- Action item: Keith look into IXIASOFT printing promotional slips
- Action item: Kris and Tom flesh out the content of the flyer
- Action item: Kris to send message to dita-users once we finish the message

Kris: Should we consider revising our "why 3 editions?" paper to include a topic about promoting DITA 1.3?
"how to be sure that your hyperlinks point to the most helpful place"

7. DITA 1.3 errata planning

Kris emailed to clarify OASIS process
(summarized the email, which was her interpretation of the process)

Tom: There was a reply just now from Chet to the list

Kris: would be great to have someone "project managing" the DITA 13 errata
example to-do list for the PM:
1. Select target date
2. Work with actual editors (assume Kris & Robert, but could change) to make sure changes made
3. Work with Bob on build processes (handle change tracking)
4. Probably run the builds

Kris: any brave souls to volunteer for PM?
Think about it, folks!

Keith: may be up for "apprenticing" but needs to focus on dita.xml.org right now
Kris: you're definitely out of the running!

8. Characters allowed in keys and key scopes
Robert summarized status, followup emails

Seems to be consensus that in 2.0 want to expand chars allowed; be clear about what chars allowed (to avoid problems in future).
Only contention is whether we want to make a statmeent, or go forward and decide on our rule for 2.0.

Do we need to continue actively working on the charset now?
Eliot: doing it now would provide input for implementors
Robert: worried about fixing anything too soon now, who knows what could change in the future
Robert: say we are going to explicitly allow more characters, but final is TBD

Tom: Do we have a "list of things to be done for 2.0?" now?

Robert: We have a list of deferred-to-2.0 items

Jim: what about keyscopes (what chars will we allow)?
robert: think this is unclear now (Chris said was "same as keys")
Eliot: it is in the spec, I found it somewhere (not easy to find)
(NOTE: Eliot later reported that he probably misremembered this and could not find it in the spec; Chris later reported that it WAS in earlier versions of the spec, but appears to have been removed in the finalized version, perhaps as a result of one of the refactoring efforts.)

Action item: Robert: put this on DITA 1.3 errata (--- already done (verify))
Kris: Eliot, let Robert know where you found this

Kris: we do have a wiki page (backlog) for 2.0
Action item Kris: 1. add wiki page to agenda (so we can find it); 2. add this item to the list

Final announcements:
Kris: no meeting next week due to many TC members attending CMS/DITA North America.

-- Mr. Tom Magliery
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 29 March 2016

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Tom Magliery
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2016-04-01 15:49:49

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]