OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 10 May 2016 uploaded

Submitter's message
Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 10 May 2016
Recorded by Dick Hamilton

DITA TC Wiki: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/FrontPage

8:00-8:05 PT Roll call

- Quorum reached.
- Regrets from: Regrets: Tom Magliery, Stan Doherty, Michael Priestley, Eliot Kimber, Nancy Harrison


Approve minutes from previous meeting:
- Seconded by Bob Thomas
- Accepted with no objections


1. Action Items:
- 26 April 2016: Robert Anderson: Add many, many items to Wiki pages (COMPLETED)

2. Announcements: none

3. Continuing item DITA 1.3 errata
- Link: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA%201.3%20Errata
- Kris re-ordered page into categories and set up @rev, fixing all that can be
fixed for now.
- Still many open content model topics
- Catalog files: Robert will complete by next week.
- Code to generate topic models needs to be updated and tested.

ACTION ITEM: Robert and Eliot: work together to update and test content model
generation software.

- Style sheets: Bob working to make stylesheets for errata more automated,
especially the way they handle metadata.

ACTION ITEM: Nancy and Bob: work together to create metadata requirements
for builds, specifically, what needs to be automated for builds. Will consult
with Kris.

- SEO: need someone to take on task of figuring out how we can improve
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for errata. Keith Schengili-Roberts will
take on the task of researching this area. Keith said that metadata may
not do the job. Google ignores Dublin Core metadata, but may look at
RDF metadata.
- Schedule: would like to get 1.3 errata out by December; it would be nice
to have it out before DITA Europe.

ACTION ITEM: Kris and Joe Storbeck: set up DITAweb for reviews and get
Joe set up with permissions to work in DITAweb as an admin.

4. Continuing item: Work on committee notes
- "Why Three Editions"
+ No update, continued.
- "Upgrading to DITA 1.3"
+ Nancy, Amber, Robert, and Kris will meet later this week to discuss.

5. New item: DITA TC in Agile?
- https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201604/msg00054.html (Stan Doherty, 27 April 2016)
+ Continued. Need Stan for the discussion.

Subcommittee Report: Adoption Sub-Committee
- Report from JoAnn Hackos
- Committee is tracking down material and Don Day will help convert
some material in MS Word to DITA.
- Looking for volunteers to write feature articles.
- Stan holding DITA Listening Sessions. Two scheduled for Boston area.
- Listening sessions give people using, or considering using, DITA the opportunity
to informally meet, ask questions, and discuss using DITA.
- Stan has guidelines for hosting listening sessions, and JoAnn encourages people
to consider holding sessions in their local area or while traveling.
- Amber: Portland DITA User Group going through DITA 101 book at its meetings.
This provides a structure for learning about and discussing DITA.
- Don: The Austin DITA User Group has been focusing on how to get new people
started using DITA.

Continuing items regarding rendering expectations and normative/non-normative wording left on hold.

On-going item: DITA 1.3 lessons learned
- Kris is looking for a volunteer to harvest lessons from the last two years of minutes.
No volunteers. This may be better done after amalgamated minutes are created for
2014 and 2015.

ACTION ITEM: Unassigned: Created amalgamated minutes for 2014 and 2015.

Meeting adjourned at 37 minutes after the hour.

-- Mr. Richard Hamilton
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 10 May 2016

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Richard Hamilton
Group: OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2016-05-10 09:45:21

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]