Subject: Re: [dita] Web portals for reviewing Robert's content model changes

I might want to comment on the value of the attribute and be sure that the
comment is associated with the attribute name and not something in the
surrounding context.

For example, this query would only provide appropriate results if the
draft comments are inside the elements they apply to:

For $e in $doc//*[draft-comment]
   return <comment value="{string($e/draft-comment)}"
element="{f:pathToElem($e)}" />

This produces a reports of draft comments and pointers to the elements
they apply to. If the draft comment was not inside the <xmlatt> element
there would be no way to know that the comment actually applied to the
<xmlatt> element and not something else (for example, a UI that navigates
from this report result to the elements pointed to).

----
Eliot Kimber, Owner
Contrext, LLC
http://contrext.com