Subject: Confusion in <enumerationdef> topic

http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/os/part1-base/langRef/base/enumerationdef.html

The example in this topic seems ... murky.

  • It uses <schemeref> to pull in "unix OS values," as defined in unixOS.ditamap. But since the code for the unixOS.ditamap is not shown, we don't know what that map contains.
  • It then defines (using @keys) new subjects for "os", and then binds those controlled values to the @platform attribute. (We don't know whether unixOS.ditamap defines a key for "os", but I guess we assume that it doesn't, since we're told that the valid controlled values for @platform are those defined on the children of the "os" node.)
  • So, why show that <schemeref> element that pulls in the "unix OS values"? I can understand a use case in which the map uses @keyref for the "os" subject and then extends it ...

www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)