Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 23 August 2016 uploaded

Submitter's message
ActionItems:
1. Joe will work with Kris to get the DITAWeb folks to update their DTDs to 1.3 and re-host the spec so that new formatting features - especially linethrough - can be used in the errata.
2. Robert will add 'fixing/simplifying dir. structure for grammar files' to 2.0 list

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 23 August 2016
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:
https://wiki.OASIS-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas

Regrets: Maria Esrig, Dawn Stevens

Standing Business
=================

Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201608/msg00070.html (Nancy Harrison, 16 August 2016)
Proposed by Kris, seconded by Joe, approved by TC

Subcommittee Reports
none

Business
========
1. Action items
2 August 2016:
Eliot: Modify grammar files to address MathML issue (COMPLETED)
Robert: Produce initial draft of "DITA and DITA-OT" committee note
Robert; will work on it this week
Kris: Schedule meeting for small group working on "Upgrading" committee note
Kris; will complete this week
16 August 2016:
Kris: Contact Chet & Paul about reviewing errata 01 package (COMPLETED)
Kris: Create Wiki page for review comments about errata 01 (COMPLETED)
Nancy: Add review assignments to errata 01 Wiki page (COMPLETED)

2. Announcements:
New DITA TC members: None

3. Continuing item: DITA 1.3 errata
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA%201.3%20Errata
DITA-1.3-errata-schedule
Team members:
Editors: Robert Anderson and Kris Eberlein
Style sheets: Bob Thomas
Build: Nancy Harrison and Bob Thomas
Reviews: Joe Storbeck
Google analytics: Keith Schengli-Roberts
Summary of work completed in last week:
DITAweb review and DITA source
Style sheets
Build
Review:
Download package from https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/58714/latest/dita-v1.3-errata01-csd01.zip
Review page: DITA-1.3-errata01
Update from volunteers
Adjusted schedule
- Kris; have to push out a week; need an additional week for completion of assignments.. I've worked all the comments about errata document.
- Tom; i never saw my comments, so I'll contact you via email about them.
- Kris; there were a couple of glitches in DITAWeb; I'll work with Joe and he can contact the DITAWeb folks so they can update the DTDs they're using to 1.3; otherwise they don't understand 1.3 formatting like 'linethrough'. Also, because we re-orged our SVN, we can't sync automatically. They need to re-org to be in sync with us; then we'll be able to do inline commenting, rather than just commenting on an entire topic. Our contact with Mekon was Mark Poston, now I don't know; talk to Mark and see who should be our new contact.
- Joe; will do
- Kris; let's look at review items went.
- PDF (Deb & Maria); review done
- HTML/CHM (Stan & Tom); Tom did a thorough review of HTML, and Kris looked at CHM; let's call it done
- content models (Robert & Eliot);
- Robert; if you look at the content models, in PDF, the markup wasn't being picked up, while in HTML, the entire topis was red (except links which are blue). Also the triangle markers , because they were at the beginning/end of the topic, so they didn't really show the parts that had changed. Now I've moved rev markere from topic to the changed table cells, so markers and color change will show up in the right place; links will still be blue.
- Tom; that was one of my comments, but it didn't show up in DITAWeb after I recorded it.
- Kris; wrt content model and rev marking; we have dueling feedback for Bob. for PDF, should links be in blue or red?
- Robert; absolutely looked weird in HTML before (with them in red); with my change, all the other red goes away, and only the syntax around the link is in red. If we change links to red, it will not meet user expectations.
- Kris; I agree. I just didn't want all the stuff that hadn't changed to be in red. Bob, any difficulties in fixing stylesheets for content model changes?
- Bob; no problem
- Kris; What about PDF stylesheet changes?
- Bob; the 'new topics not being flagged in red' issue has to do with flagging pre-processing; I did an ugly hack, but it does what we need.
- Eliot; what about my community flagging extension? it requires a patch to base OT, but it works with DITA-OT 1.8.5
- Bob; I'll take a look at that next week; stylesheets are working now, so it's not critical.
- Kris; given that we're building this on 1.8.5, and it's pretty fragile, let's not touch it more than necessary for the errata.
- Bob; But I'll look at the extension for the future.
- Kris; when will stylesheet changes be uploaded to SVN?
- Bob; next couple of days.
- Kris; we need to do another build asap so folks can check to see if their comments were implemented. Also, just fyi, deletions are not marked. They're not marked up in topics, though they're mentioned in the errata doc. We note these, may not be able to fix for this errata. Another issue is some inconsistency; if outputclass is a hyperlink, it's not displayed with an @; issue is with DITA-OT.
- Eliot; my flagging also supplies markup on status @, fyi
- Kris; good to know, but not likely to be able to use it for this errata.
- Eliot; but flagging on deletions could be done.
- Kris; but by time we were doing flagging, the deletions had already been made and the deleted text was no longer in the topics.
- Robert; also, if you include deletions, then changed code examples are all broken.
- Kris; also, many folks re-use the spec, so folks would be re-usiong weird docs.
- Eliot; is it OK with OASIS to not include deletions?
- Kris; OASIS requires that deletions be noted in the errata doc, which we've done.
- Kris; for remaining tasks, Eric; we volunteered you in your absence to test the modified XSD files, can you do this in the next day or so, expecially learningGroupMap and learningObjectMap?
- Eric; OK
- Kris; volunteers for testing modified DTD files?
- Tom; will see if I can load up the new DTDs; XMetal doesn't support RNGs, but I can do something.
- Scott; I can do it also.
- Nancy; will update wiki page.
- Kris; update on DITA source; Chris, have you loaded the source in Titania?
- Chris; I'll do it today.
- Kris; I'll also do a check; I'll compare the errata zips with 1.3 zips for consistency.
- Kris; let's now look at the wiki page on errata stylesheet issues.
- Tom; titles of topics are still purple in HTML/CHM instead of blue.
- Bob; that's a mistake in CSS; I need to fix it.
- Kris; Bob, can you fix all the open issues? do you need any help with CSS?
- Bob; I'm good, just a couple of days work.
- Kris; Robert, how about content models
- Robert; all fixes were fairly straightforward.
- Kris; for 1.2, classification map was based on base map, so it had no tech content domains; for 1.3, we based it on techcomm domain, so we had to change that.
- Robert; we probably should have shifted that map into the techcomm folder, which would have fixed those issues.
- Tom; will we fix that for 2.0?
- Robert;; the current folder structure doesn't really make sense. for 2.0, we should completely fix the folder structure for the grammar files.
- Kris; also, we've added 'not including class map in DITA', als 'not shipping L&T with DITA' to the 2.0 list
- Robert; in any case, we should talk about fixing the structure; we talked about it at 1.2, but it didn't get done.
- Kris; we need all TC members to look again at new formatting conventions and subjectscheme topics; shall I put out the new versions in DITAWeb, or make a PDF?
- Tom; if we need to capture the comments, we should do it in DITAWeb.
- Kris; I'll put up new versions today.
- formatting topic volunteers; Tom, Nancy, Deb
- SS topic volunteers; Eliot and chris
- Kris; let's try to finish u this asap and get it out. Any subsequent errata versions will be much easier.
ActionItem: Joe will work with Kris to get the DITAWeb folks to update their DTDs to 1.3 and re-host the spec so that new formatting features - especially linethrough - can be used in the errata.
ActionItem: Robert will add 'fixing/simplifying dir. structure for grammar files' to 2.0 list

11:50 ET Close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 23 August 2016

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison