Subject: RE: [dita] Issue with leaningObjectMap content model

Would the following help:

Use a <learningObjectMap> to create standalone aggregations of <learningContent> together with its supporting plan, overview, summary, and assessments, according to the needs identified by the learning goals and objectives.

While it is possible to include multiple <learningObject> in a <learningObjectMap>, how processors deal with those additional instances of  <learningObject> will be processor dependent.

Any <topicref> elements that occur before the <learningObject> are intended to be resource-only references such as key definitions.

The last sentence can be struck from the spec since it’s no longer possible to add topicref elements with the changes in the errata.  Since we can’t add any new language that is normative, then what I’m trying to say is that you can have multiple learningObject, but how they are processed is in the hand of the processors.

Éric Sirois

DITA Toolsmith

IXIASOFT

825 Querbes, Suite 200, Montréal, Québec, Canada, H2V 3X1

tel  + 1 514 279-4942  /  toll free + 1 877 279-4942

mobile + 1 647 462-3620

eric.sirois@ixiasoft.com / www.ixiasoft.com

http://captmondo.com/IXIASOFT/ixiasoft-logo-small.png