OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: text of DITA TC minutes of Nov 8th

Sorry, the document got sent, but the accompnying text didn't get sent as part of the message; here is is:

ActionItems;   none

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday,  8 November 2016
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:   

1.  Roll call
    Regrets: Deb Bissantz, Kris Eberlein (at tcworld), Keith Schengili-Roberts (at tcworld), Eliot Kimber (at tcworld), Stan Doherty

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201611/msgXXXX.html (Nancy Harrison, 1 November 2016) (N/A yet -- postpone until next week's meeting)

3.  Announcements:
    New DITA TC members: None

4. Action items
    2 August 2016:
        Kris: Schedule meeting for small group working on "Upgrading" committee note (IN PROGRESS)
    23 August 2016:
        Joe / Kris: Get TC instance of DITAweb updated with 1.3 DTDs; restore sync with SVN (IN PROGRESS)
    30 August 2016:
        Kris: Begin organizing subject scheme education for TC (IN PROGRESS)
    6 September 2016
        Kris: Revise subject scheme example topic pulled from errata 01
    4 October 2016:
        Tom: Work on aggregated minutes for 2005-2011 (IN PROGRESS)
    18 October 2016:
        Eliot: Restore DITA 1.x identifiers to catalog files (Moved to errata 02)
    25 October 2016
        Robert to schedule a call with small group (DITA vs. DITA OT committee note) (COMPLETED)
        Deb: Develop FAQ for folks new to DITA TC (IN PROGRESS)
    1 November
        Stan: Archiving Help Subcommittee stuff
[stan not here, but this appears to be completed

5. Continuing item: DITA 1.3 Errata 01
   - Schedule
   - Announcement of public review, 6-20 October 2016
   - Comment resolution log for public review
   - Link to new package: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=59210&wg_abbrev=dita
   - Progress?
Tom; any new status on this?
Bob; we're waiting for OASIS at this point; we were making corrections to get their naming strategy in place.
Tom; it looks like they won't get it done by TCWorld...
Bob; it depends on whether they find any more link problems; we've done everything we can by this point.

6. Report from Lightweight DITA subcommittee (Carlos Evia, Co-chair)
[see below, item #7]

7.  Flurries of e-mails about Lightweight DITA:
    Follow-up on requests to the Lightweight DITA subcommittee
        https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201610/msg00069.html (Eberlein, 18 October 2016)
        https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201610/msg00070.html (Evia, 18 October 2016)
    The (many) drivers for Lightweight DITA
        https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201610/msg00078.html (Eberlein, 18 October 2016)
        https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201610/msg00079.html (Eberlein, 18 October 2016)
        https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201610/msg00084.html (Andrzej Zydroń, 19 October 2016)
    LW-DITA Target Users??
        https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201610/msg00083.html (Stan Doherty, 19 October 2016)
Tom; shall we pick up discussion? is there anyone who has anything to add?
Mark; we had Carlos on call last time (not here today). Within the LwD SC, we're working on stuff that was brought up last week; so we don't have anything to add.
Tom; thanks fo the update; we'll keep this on the agenda for next week.
Mark; i won't be here next week; traveling to DITA-OT Day.
Tom; if we can get an update next week wrt LwD, we'll talk, otherwise, we'll continue it again to the following week, when folks will be back from conferences.

8. Continuing item: Git/GitHub repos for TC work
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201610/msg00038.html (Eberlein, 10 October 2016)
    We've requested one for the spec; do we need additional repos for style sheets and grammar files?
[no update]

9. Continuing item: Work on committee notes
    Update to "Why Three Editions" (on hold to align with release of errata 01)
    "Upgrading to a new version of DITA"
    "DITA and the DITA Open Toolkit"
Tom; there was an action item, for Robert to schedule a meeting...
Robert; we met (Robert, Kris, Keith) and picked out items to update; since we're all at the conferences, it probably won't get done next week.

10. Continuing item: DITA 2.0 discussion
    - Difficulty of interaction between <related-links> and reltable links
        https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201610/msg00112.html (Eberlein, 27 October 2016)
        https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201611/msg00005.html (Nitchie, 3 November 2016)
    - <object> and HTML5
        https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201611/msg00008.html (Eberlein, 3 November 2016)
        https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201611/msg00009.html (Day, 5 November 2016)
[no update]

11. Continuing item: Listening sessions
    Portland, Oregon
    Research Triangle Park, NC
Bob; we had one in Denver last week; Kathy Madison will post summary notes
Nancy; one is scheduled for PDX next week
Joe; Don and I are working on one for Austin; early next year
Scott; same in Seattle
Nancy; same in RTP, Kris is working on it.

11:14 AM ET close

Nancy Harrison
Infobridge Solutions 

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]