Subject: Proactive planning for DITA intersection with HTML6

HTML5 moved their box closer to the DITA topic model than before, but obviously has lacked a class inheritance or specialization-capable mechanism for us to hook into strategically. Hence we have been stuck with designing around the lack of those architectural placeholders.

While the schedule for something useful in Lightweight DITA may  preclude waiting for a next chance at intersecting with HTML6, perhaps we can tender a proposal for the bits we need at this community contribution site:

https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/next

The hope would be that, by DITA 2.0 planning time, we can look at a possibly closer binding to an all-HTML6 base model (pulling out Erik Hennum's noble penchant again, since it unifies architecture with delivery in a nice way).

Thoughts?

--
Don R. Day
Founding Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee (current version: DITA 1.3)