Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 7 March 2017 uploaded

Submitter's message
**ActionItems:
1. Tom will find instructions for stage 3 reviewers.
2. Robert will update the draft 2.0 process to say that reviewers need
3. Kris will create a wiki page to track items to add to the Errata 02 document.
4. Kris will open discussion with the group of volunteers who are inteeerested in working on a new high-level design for the 2.0 spec.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 14 February 2017
Recorded by Nancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:
https://wiki.OASIS-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas

Business
========
1. Roll call
Regrets: Deb Bissantz, Eliot Kimber

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
28 February: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201703/msg00002.html (Nancy Harrison, 6 Mar 2017)
moved by Tom; 2nded by Eric, approved by TC

3. Announcements:
New TC members: None

4. Action items
23 August 2016:
Kris: Get TC instance of DITAweb updated with 1.3 DTDs; restore sync with SVN (IN PROGRESS)
Kris: Revise subject scheme example topic pulled from errata 01
4 October 2016:
Tom: Work on aggregated minutes for 2005-2011 (IN PROGRESS)
Deb: Develop FAQ for folks new to DITA TC (IN PROGRESS)
Kris: find someone from the iiRDS working group to come to TC meeting and do presentation.
Kris: correct error in sourc 2.2.3.4 processing controlled att values
Robert, Kris, Dick, Dawn: talk about workflow/admin practices for errata 02
Eliot: Update the grammar files to fix allowed number of in (NEED TO MOVE TO ERRATA 02 TO-DO LIST)
Robert: Correct the content model appendix topics for ditavalmeta / ditavalref for the same. (NEED TO MOVE TO ERRATA 02 TO-DO LIST)
Robert: Correct the ditavalmeta section so the example link goes DIRECTLY to the example. (NEED TO MOVE TO ERRATA 02 TO-DO LIST)
[Kris will clean up this agenda
Tom: Make sure his minutes from Feb 28 include all the data; some of it didn't come through.
Robert: update 2.0 proposal process to include info on removing something from a shell without removing it from the specification.
Robert: update 2.0 proposal process to include info on referencing deprecated elements/attributes, in case of backwards compatibility issues.
All TC members: review draft of 2.0 proposal process https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_2.0_Proposal_Process_DRAFT
and proposed Stage 2 proposal template https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/60163/2-0template.html

5. Continuing item: Overview of DITA 2.0 Proposal Process
Continue questions and discussion from last week
Can we agree to approve this procedure as our working process for DITA 2.0?
[continue discussion of Chris's question from last week; 'what can we do to reduce workload on editors?']
Robert; one this that would be helpful would be if everyone can go to Github so we can do our work within that context.
Kris; it would be great if people can learn Github; I'd make it a strong recommendation but not a requirement.
Stan; what if we take a QA approach to the examples in spec? That is, pull them out and test them all carefully; then, by the time material gets to the editors, the examples would be clean.
Kris; we do need that, but it's not such a big-picture item. If the point is to reduce work for spec editors, then anywhere there are new proposals, we need the involvement of enough careful reviewers. The more rigorous reviews we can get (including examples), that's where it's a real help. Somewhere, we had a list of what reviewers should be doing at stage 3...
Robert; I think that's doc'd somewhere. In 1.3 we did do a lot of example QA.
Kris; can we get a volunteer to look thru the mail archives to find the list of instructions for stage 3 reviewers?
Tom; I'll do that
**ActionItem; Tom will find instructions for stage 3 reviewers.
Robert; I'll update the draft process to say that reviewers need to help validate proposals.
Kris; with a link to the document on roles & responsibilities for reviewers.
**ActionItem; Robert will update the draft 2.0 process to say that reviewers need to help validate proposals, with a link to the document on roles & responsibilities for reviewers.
Tom; any other ideas about this? Kris, you had said something in email asking if we were going to approve this procedure this week. Should we do this?
Kris; I think so. we've talked it over, small group developed it, talked it over, made changes.
Kris moved to accept the draft 2.0 process proposal, Robert 2nded, approved by TC, THIS IS NOW OFFICIAL.
Kris; before we make changes to stage 3 templates, we need to nail down what we're thinking anbout release 2.0. We thought we should come up with a basic high-level design for 2.0. We also need to do a basic review of element topics where 2.0 overlaps with LwD.

6. Continuing item: DITA 1.3 Errata 02
Restore DITA 1.x identifiers to catalog files (COMPLETED?)
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/11
Kris in 21 Feb meeting: "I know this has been done, but it hasn't been tracked in the errata document yet"
Error in 3.4.2.4 index-see-also (COMPLETED)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201612/msg00068.html (Eberlein, 10 December 2016)
Error in example for indexterm (COMPLETED)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201612/msg00069.html (Eberlein, 10 December 2016)
Error in 3.4.2 Indexing group elements (COMPLETED)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201612/msg00070.html (Eberlein, 10 December 2016)
Confusion in 3.7.5 index-base (COMPLETED)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201612/msg00071.html (Eberlein, 10 December 2016)
Tom; this has been on agenda for a while. what do we do with it?
Kris; this item will be on our agenda until Errata 02 goes out. Work includes 1) changes to the relevant spec source or grammar source, and 2) is it reflected in the Errata 02 document? I can take an AI for work on errata 02, I think for these, we need an associated wiki page.
**ActionItem; Kris will create a wiki page to track items to add to the Errata 02 document.

7. Continuing item: Formal work on DITA 2.0
Project page at the GitHub repo: https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/projects/2
Process:
Review of cards on project page
Backlog of random items
Stage one (in progress)
Tom; I'm looking at the backlog of items that need to be evaluated for 2.0, and would like to review each of them to see if we can either move it to stage 1, or delete it altogether.
[following items bracketed by -- -- are from the backlog list; description of item is followed by TC discussion and resolution of what to do with it]

--
TO BE REMOVED: Bringing consistency in the URI/Keyref format for referencing map elements & topic elements
--

--
Remove the locktitle attribute from topichead and topicgroup

--
Simplify keyref idea 1: Deprecate the rules for resolving keys which point directly to image files
--

--
Simplify keyref idea 2: Deprecate the rules for displaying topicmeta in the key-defining element in the place of the keyref-bearing element

--
Add keyref to category element
--

--
Allow domains to add elements to a specific context, rather than globally

--
Add enumeration attribute to ol element
--

--
Correct glossref design WRT equivalent of print attribute
[will go to stage 1 with Scott's name attached]

--
Requirement for glossary design - how to support glossary related requirements
--

---
Kris; can I add a card for new high-level design for 2.0 spec? We'll need changes to element ref topics as well as new high-level categories on how things should be characteristixed, e.g., 'processing', 'formatting'... Who is interested in working on this with me?

8. Continuing item: Listening sessions
Portland, OR -- Rescheduled for January 2017?
Research Triangle Park, NC
Austin, TX
San Jose, CA: 21 February 2017
Nancy; Portland session is tomorrow.
Scott; will a dial-in be available?
Nancy; I'll try to arrange one.

================
Eric; would it be possible to add a discussion of bookmap to next week's agenda?
Kris; we can add it to the agenda as we usually do with items that come up from the dita-users list.

12 noon ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 7 March 2017

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison